Driver hour timer - eBay

What’s your opinions on this? :

bit.ly/OPBNca

I was looking at those driver hour guards but they seem expensive! Just curious and it adds to my research of all things trucking :grimacing:

i had one of those and it was rubbish.

anyway i always forgot to use the buttons.

Tarrman:
What’s your opinions on this? :

bit.ly/OPBNca

I was looking at those driver hour guards but they seem expensive! Just curious and it adds to my research of all things trucking :grimacing:

I have different type. Works fine, if you remember to use buttons. I didn’t, so it was useless for me :slight_smile:

Also: if you buy it of ebay check, if the software is up to date with the legislation.

orys:
Also: if you buy it of ebay check, if the software is up to date with the legislation.

I may be wrong but it looks like it has no information within it regarding legislation, it looks like a £1 triple display stopwatch/timer that someone has thought “we’ll call it a HGV hours protection system and charge £20 for it” :unamused:

I had the same one a four years ago, not at that price for sure. Its really a triple timer. It would certainly do the job if you remember to press all the buttons, which I never managed, if you forget to do that once then it all goes to pot really.

If you have a smartphone then you should be able to get a much better app for at least half the price. I have the truckertimer on iPhone, i think it was £2.99, this has a lot of interesting fuctions, lots of information on mode changes and overall daily views.

Darb:
it looks like a £1 triple display stopwatch/timer that someone has thought “we’ll call it a HGV hours protection system and charge £20 for it”

Ebay item no :- 230583834254 £7.97

The scamming ■■■■■■■■■ Some people have no shame :imp:

I can’t work out why this sort of thing can’t just be built in to the tachograph itself.

If you have an iphone or android then download the app for it if you really want one. On my samsung galaxy s3 I had a look on google play and the good one is found if you search for drivers hours. On another note you can now buy a HGV say nav app for your phone but still has a cost of £119, sounds expensive but as you know if you bought the physical device you would be looking at upwards of £400 !

If you have an Android phone, then check out Trucker Timer: play.google.com/store/apps/deta … g.tt&hl=en

Another thing is, shouldn’t trucks be sold new with a truck sat nav built into the dashboard as a matter of course nowadays ?

I have a kitchen timer cost £7.99 when I remember to press the buttons :blush: :blush: but always write down what time I start stop arrive at delivery point & leave

Kerbdog:
Another thing is, shouldn’t trucks be sold new with a truck sat nav built into the dashboard as a matter of course nowadays ?

Why?

waynedl:

Kerbdog:

Why?

I recently downloaded the Renault app for LGV driver hours it changes to driving from other work when the gps knows you are moving which I thought was neet.

Harry Monk:
I can’t work out why this sort of thing can’t just be built in to the tachograph itself.

Exactly, I always wondered the same.

Mike_:
If you have an Android phone, then check out Trucker Timer: play.google.com/store/apps/deta … g.tt&hl=en

Do you need to press buttons on that application as well? Or it recognizes if you move automagically?

Darb:

orys:

I may be wrong but it looks like it has no information within it regarding legislation, it looks like a £1 triple display stopwatch/timer that someone has thought “we’ll call it a HGV hours protection system and charge £20 for it” :unamused:

Ive got one of them .You can set the times for it .Ive got
mine set for 4:30 45 15 but you can set for what you like
only any good if you remember to press the buttons :blush: :blush:

orys:

Mike_:

Do you need to press buttons on that application as well? Or it recognizes if you move automagically?

It has a GPS function that detects movement, which has settings which can be altered how sensitive to trigger mode changes. I have the iPhone version, but i would think its the same deal.