Driver Hire

Hey all, im thinking of joining an agency. Does anyone here use driver hire or had experience with them. Thanks all

Have worked for them for the last 5 years on and off doing weekend work - although the rates arent the best they seemed OK. Just lateley there has been little or no work at a weekend so I am looking else where. As they are franchises they professionalism seems to vary.

it will be weekend work i will be doing. The guy said theres quite abit where i am and we are coming into busy season.

What sort of rate should i be looking for

Also asked if i would do nights out.

What are they like at paying, quik?

Dont forget if you are doing weekend work ie you have another full time job yuo can only work every other weekend due to the driver hours regs. As for Driver Hire because they are franchises it depends on which one you get I have never had any issues with pay from them as long as my sheet was signed. As for pay again it varies depending on what region you are in. Personally I would sign up for them they dont always pay top dollar but they are a good agency for new starters and you will get a variety of work…

not done any work for Driver Hire yet, only registered this week. but the payroll admin basically said; ‘when your ready to finish for the day, get a signature off anyone there, doesnt matter who signs it, you could even get the site guard dog to sign it. as long as you got a signature you will get paid’

KingMonkey80:
it will be weekend work i will be doing. The guy said theres quite abit where i am and we are coming into busy season.

What sort of rate should i be looking for

Also asked if i would do nights out.

What are they like at paying, quik?

Do Driver Hire have an office in the Borders now?

hi KingMonkey80

i am not to far from you, i passed class 2 jan 08, also i was looking for weekend work.

registered with driver hire no work so far from them :frowning: suppose this is my own fault as trying to pick hours to suit me

luckily the father in law got tipper so managed to get some saturdays when he rans out of hours :smiley:

until a couple of weeks ago got a saturday from another agency then this wed thur back shifts. wanted me to do tonight or saturday but wife working so i got kids.

then they called me for sunday back shift £13 an hour :smiley: :smiley:

seems to be plenty class one

hope this helps

Driver Hire Newcastle has been good with me like.

Because I got my licences through the forces, I had virtually no understanding of drivers hours regs / WTD, so they took the time to explain them to me. They’ve been really patient with me as well, as there has been times when I’ve been out on the road and I’ve had to ring them and ask about what breaks I need to take. I’ve got to grips with it now I reckon.

I’ve been getting quite a bit of work with them recently, it’s all been class one though. They’re actually looking for permanent work for me as well now as I’m out the army in a few weeks.

Been with DH this last month, so far nothing but good comments for them :smiley: getting me much more work than my previous agency, even if some of it is 7.5T

Thanks all, im quite excited about joining them actualy. GSM, they havnt yet got an office in the borders but they are getting one in Galashiels which is only 20 mins from me.

I will let you all know how it goes