Driver found Dead, at Harthead moor services.

i dont see how my previous post disrespects anyone other than its just an honest observation.an anonymous driver expires in his truck,its a shame,but stuff happens,unpleasant for his family if he has one,and theres every chance that his boss is as much concerned about the expenses involved regartding the truck as the driver.,my question was,how did they discover him,and did anyone know how he expired.? my guess would be the parking ticked dude or plod wondered why the curtains were still closed.so you can cluck cluck and tut tut as if it matters,and although you may have some empathy for him in case its you some day then apart from his immediate circle of family if he has one and some friends,then although its a sad scenario and nobody wants to die alone,nobody is going to lose any sleep for him.just another bit of gossip for the sweetie wifes.no doubt theres been parking tickets issued by a computer that will be in the post to somebody.if it turns out that someone knows him,then it will no doubt matter to them,but apart from it could happen to anyone of us,nobody will remember him next week.if it turns out his name is johnny foriegner then i would think itl matter even less to some.i was only interested if he just died in the cab,or if he had a visit from the diesel faries,or similar vagabonds,who might have done him in.personally its just one of those sad unpleasant stories that pops up from time to time,but thats where my interest ends,other than how he died.saturday night at hartshead moor would be quiet,and a fair target for the diesel faries,and the curtain slashers hence my question.

You know mate, when you get older and a little wiser you learn that sometimes you should just shut your gob, and pay a little respect. While your post was by no means the worst it lacked any semblance of tact. The families do reach out when these things happen and we have had it many times were the family have been genuinely distressed by comments made on here.

Well said Rikki, I’ve come back to this forum after 5+ yrs away from trucking (and trucknet) and quite honestly I’m amazed and also a little saddened at the level of trolling, ■■■■■■■■ & holier than thou postings. I can still see some old familiar faces posting good advice and having some good ol’ grown up banter but it seems to be the minority now, shame.

dieseldog999:
i dont see how my previous post disrespects anyone

Sometimes it’s best to wait and say nothing until all the facts are known.

Since all the facts are not known at this time, then it’s probably best not to speculate, or invite speculation by publicly wondering about what went on. That situation can easily lead to gossip, because not everybody has the skill to recognise gossip, then they take it as gospel and repeat it because they read it on the internet.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but speculation isn’t an opinion and might lead to unwittingly causing deep offence to somebody.

Sometimes, people need the idea of posting responsibly to be pointed out to them.