Driver faces jail for possessing a stun gun

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edi … 824282.stm

I don’t see the problem with possessing one of these provided that it is kept out of sight & secure whilst in the UK.

said it was “common” for lorry drivers on the continent to carry stun guns

Who all has one then? :laughing:

They say its a firearm?

Does that make my plug socket at home a firearm cos you can get electrocuted by it?

Better off with the cs gas you can buy over the counter in garages all over Europe. That along with a 2 foot crow bar are my personal choices. Got told by plod at pool that crow bar was an offensive weapon I told them it was a defensive weapon but they still took it off me, no worries b and q sell packs of 5 really cheap. They never did find gas.

Who does he work for, if he gets sent down I could ask for his job. :sunglasses:

have things really got so bad
or was it i parked in sensible places when i went over regularly

personally i find a cricket bat/stumps and the ball a more favourable option…well officer when i get parked up for long periods with my mates,there’s nothing more entertaining that a game of cricket :open_mouth: :unamused: amazing what treats can be stored in a magnum :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Who does he work for, if he gets sent down I could ask for his job. :sunglasses:

HAHA

Andy,

surely by the time you have set up the wickets the bounders would have made off with your truck.

Nice idea though “rob me ■■■■ you lets see how you like a good thrashing on the cricket pitch, you can bowl gypo”!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bubsy06:
They say its a firearm?

In law, an empty rifle or pistol magazine (bit that holds the bullets for those who don’t know - not the monthly copy of “Baler twine belts and shotguns”) is classed as a firearm.

Where did we start to go wrong? I mean, there can’t be many civilized countries in which you can go to jail just for possessing a device designed specifically to defend yourself without causing death or serious injury.

Not many years ago I used to carry a Leatherman multi-tool everywhere, used it almost daily, but never so much as thought about stabbing anyone with it. Nowadays, I search my pockets every time I leave the cab/house/warehouse lest I should be arrested and imprisoned for carrying a glorified pair of pliers.

You can get the plans to make 'em by converting disposable cameras. At least they dont look like a stun gun…

And they work :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

alexc:
Where did we start to go wrong? I mean, there can’t be many civilized countries in which you can go to jail just for possessing a device designed specifically to defend yourself without causing death or serious injury.

Not many years ago I used to carry a Leatherman multi-tool everywhere, used it almost daily, but never so much as thought about stabbing anyone with it. Nowadays, I search my pockets every time I leave the cab/house/warehouse lest I should be arrested and imprisoned for carrying a glorified pair of pliers.

Stunguns can and have killed, also you can’t get locked up for having a leatherman, they come in very handy.

Greg:
… also you can’t get locked up for having a leatherman, they come in very handy.

Was that Leatherman or leather man :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Why would anyone want to carry a none lethal weapon?
Dosn’t that defeat the object?

I will always hand over my weapon to a uniformed police officer.
As long as she has ■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

Why reg:
You can get the plans to make 'em by converting disposable cameras. At least they dont look like a stun gun…

WHERE’‘’ :slight_smile:

gentyman:

Why reg:

WHERE’‘’ :slight_smile:

A friend of mine made one when we were at school, but enhanced it by adding more capacitors. He was shocked several times during the process, which we thought was great. We then tested it on each other and it really did work well! He’s now a highly qualified electronics engineer in the Royal Navy!