Driver Dies

A driver was offloading from a double deck trailer during high winds and fell to his death. RIP.
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/s … 253215.amp
Too early to say exactly how it happened, but a reminder to everyone to be careful, at height, in winds, off-loading, etc, etc.

What was he doing … nope nevermind

Wind gusts can be nasty… RIP

Glad I got a few days off through these storms

Palletline Birmingham last night, guy was told apparently to restack a pallet of musical keyboards that had gone over, lost his footing and fell head first from the top deck.

The claret on the floor around the taped off truck was only washed away by rainfall later the following afternoon….

The site carries on running like nothing happened…

I was there, I saw the aftermath, thankfully not the incident itself.

We really aren’t worth ■■■■ in this job.

R.I.P. driver.

R.I.P. to the poor bugger that died doing a days work. Makes me realise how lucky I am to have survived a fall.

Arthurhucksake:

Working at height regs Don’t seem to exist in logistics apparently…

What a horrible thing to happen…

From the article…

"It is not known what company the man worked for. "

It’s plastered all over the side and front of the unit.

Arthurhucksake:
Palletline Birmingham last night, guy was told apparently to restack a pallet of musical keyboards that had gone over, lost his footing and fell head first from the top deck.

The claret on the floor around the taped off truck was only washed away by rainfall later the following afternoon….

We really aren’t worth [zb] in this job.

R.I.P. driver.

I don’t get the height thing.
Surely no one gets on a raised double load deck.Its brought down to the emptied lower deck height first.
I thought pallet hub drivers supposedly don’t get involved with any warehouse load handling anyway.
Obviously they do.

Yet we’ve a thread on this page More h&s bollox , not allowed to go on the back of a tri , if that rule had been in place here this poor lad would still be with us , sometimes we need saving from ourselves !!!
Nb it’s a pain I know but whenever I’ve had to work , ■■■■■■■■ the back of a taut I’ve always done the curtains up , after seeing a chap comes off the back years ago & busting a arm , luckily it was just a arm

Arthurhucksake:

We really aren’t worth [zb] in this job.

R.I.P. driver.

Very sad news.

But surely the site has to close whilst the police or health and safety executive conduct an investigation?

Is that site in an old bus depot near Bromford Lane? I got banned out of there some years ago for being “awkward”.Bothered?

Palletways had a fatal some time back too.

commercialmotor.com/news/fa … ways-depot

Getting on the trailer was very much taboo from my experience in the last few years there. A problem pallet on top deck would get resolved with a platform lift if required, though some waiting may be involved.

Carryfast:
Surely no one gets on a raised double load deck.Its brought down to the emptied lower deck height first.
I thought pallet hub drivers supposedly don’t get involved with any warehouse load handling anyway.
Obviously they do.

The trailer pictured doesn’t have a lifting deck (I don’t think any curtainsider trailer does).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

RIP…

Driver.

Roymondo:
I don’t think any curtainsider trailer does).

Think royal mail have a couple curtainsider DDs with moving decks

Don’t know why…

Roymondo:

Carryfast:
Obviously they do.

The trailer pictured doesn’t have a lifting deck (I don’t think any curtainsider trailer does).

Obviously not if lives don’t matter.
Uzbbelievable.

youtu.be/puzYoSKhQb8

Evolved:

Roymondo:

Don’t know why…

They do, but you can’t open the curtains.

Rip driver and best wishes to his family in their grief.

I hope others read this story and understand that they should not climb up on to a trailer and start moving the load by hand in storm weather, they have forklifts etc for a reason. Your life and health is more important than any job

Evolved:

Roymondo:

Don’t know why…

it’s to save weight.

m1cks:

Evolved:

Roymondo:

Don’t know why…

it’s to save weight.

How is that rigid enough at the sides to raise a moving platform?

When I’ve climbed up on the top deck to remove broken straps or broken bits of pallets I only open curtains to the drop neck and there is a ladder to climb up. I would not go up with the curtains open fully or the wind blowing.