Driver dies in freak accident

Paul was in there again last night, did some digging but nothing new… Though HSE are in and out a lot, but thats pretty normal.

A tragic accident.

I was in Bougheys yard at Deeside on wednesday and there is a notice up in the drivers reception about this poor man, I dont know if there is also one up in Wardle as I havent been in there this week. The thing that I find disgusting is the fact they left the poor fella lying at the arse end of his trailer for 5 hours, talk about insensitive :frowning:

RIP to the driver and condolenses to the family. :cry:

Rikki-UK:

Warren T. Claim:
Sometimes I wonder what the average life expectancy is in this job. My sympathies to the family concerned.

Its a sad fact that in the 25+ years i was driving I went to more funerals/memorial ■■■■ ups for drivers than I did to retirement do’s.

Its a job that takes it toll on health and (to stereotype here a little) drivers are not known to take care of themselves or deal with health issues, Long hours, a stressful enviroment and in the case of long distance drivers a lack of exercise all add up over the years.

Theres only one person that can take of you, and thats yourself, ignoring that twinge, or ache as you get home Friday and the doctor only does emergency appointments on a Saturday is only going to lead to problems. Ignoring problems wont make them go away Look after yourself, no job is worth dying for.

I dont know the circumstances in this particular tragic event and I send my thoughts to the family. and to everyone else out there, Take time for yourselves , dont be a big man/woman and soldier through, if you have any concerns take a day off and get checked out,

You are more important that a load of bog rolls. baked beans, Bricks, steel beams or whatever you deliver and the world will not stop turning if you take a day out of delivering them to ensure your well being

Well said Rikki.

Poor bugger,what a way to go.

It can happen to any one of us at any time,a misplaced footing,a broken strap,anything.

I was unloading some bulk bags on pallets last Friday and the pallets had been loaded tight against the side of the trailer,with a foot gap in the middle between the pallets.Trying to get the aluminium side planks out of the trailer,one of them sprung out and cracked me across the forehead leaving me with a lump the size of a golf ball just above my right eye.And a headache for two days.

Lucky it didn’t take my eye out.

Condolences to his family.