Driver debriefs - how intense are they?

tachograph:

LIBERTY_GUY:
Question - are driver debriefs really as intense as that booklet suggested. Do traffic offices actually interrogate every element of your journey and dictate where you park (not just overnights) and even question small deviations from the route.

Depends on the company, most companies I’ve driven for the debrief consists of a transport office person signing your run/check sheet and asking “any problems ?” :smiley:

Exactly. I chuck my clipboard on the desk and say, “No problems again” or occasionally “That was over” but not much more than that.

Some lads say stuff like “I think I might have a light out” whereas I’d say “Got a headlight bulb for a DAF? (Or whatever)”

I did overhear one guy ages ago say the following “they gave me 8 drops, but I’ve had to bring 3 back as I forgot my satnav”

in answer to liberty guy yes they do, we have recently had trackers fitted to all the vehicles and when we return at the end of the day we get de briefed about harsh pull ups, harsh braking, whether we were in the green band,what fuel we have saved,whether we were in cruise control percentage wise,what services we stopped at,what times we got to the delivery points,what time we left,the list is endless and if you want to go back to that you are welcome to it,i personally am thinking of giving up my hgv licence and trying to get a small van job,having had enough of all the big brother stuff

LIBERTY_GUY:
Driver debriefs - how intense are they?

Driver wahts? :open_mouth:

truckman20:
in answer to liberty guy yes they do, we have recently had trackers fitted to all the vehicles and when we return at the end of the day we get de briefed about harsh pull ups, harsh braking, whether we were in the green band,what fuel we have saved,whether we were in cruise control percentage wise,what services we stopped at,what times we got to the delivery points,what time we left,the list is endless and if you want to go back to that you are welcome to it,i personally am thinking of giving up my hgv licence and trying to get a small van job,having had enough of all the big brother stuff

FFS think I’d be outa there :open_mouth:

debrief = just sorting out the paperwork before you
bog off home

Debreif - Drop keys and paperwork, ■■■■ an F’off outta there.

truckman20:

Give it a month or so, the office staff will realise the drivers they are relaying this info to don’t give a monkeys & it’ll peter out.

truckman20:

Jesus wept, they trying to get rid of you lot?

We played their game back at them on Kwik Save, typical Wincanski mountains of paperwork bollox, every delay or problem had a code so we started inventing problems to give the data inputter something to chew over, excuses such as ‘‘driverless bus in bus lane’’, that sort of thing.

Logsistics companies seem to be the worse for bovine excrement, the bigger they are the worse they are.

Debrief means - Drop your trousers and prepare for another shafting tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

mike68:
The only drivers who don’t like the system are usually the lazy ones who like to hide and get paid for doing nothing.

Aaaaahhh so that’s why i don’t like the system, there was me thinking it was a load of ■■■■■■■■ all this time…:slight_smile:

I drive for the big green firm out of Tescos using the infamous isotrak. Never once have I been ‘debriefed’. Hand my keys in and get a start time for the next shift.