Driver cpc

Hi all, i posted this subject a bit ago but I’m still at a loss for answers. Basically I’m changing jobs from pcv driving to driving class 1’s, I have done module 1 to 3 cpc with the psv company I’m with now, if I do module 4 and 5 with the company I have a job with driving class 1 will this qualify me for my 35 hours training or will I have to complete 35 hours of one specific type? Nobody I ask seems to know! Any help or organisation phone numbers greatly recieved :slight_smile:

Assuming you have grandfather rights on your class 1 (passed before Sept 09 or hold C1 on grandfather rights) then your 3 modules will count for both licences. As will the next 2 regardless of whether they are specific to PCV or LGV or not.

So nothing to worry about. Hope that helps and all the best with the career change. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Assuming you have grandfather rights on your class 1 (passed before Sept 09 or hold C1 on grandfather rights) then your 3 modules will count for both licences. As will the next 2 regardless of whether they are specific to PCV or LGV or not.

So nothing to worry about. Hope that helps and all the best with the career change. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

hi pete, I passed my psv in 2002, my cat c in mid 2009 and my cat c+e in dec 2011. I’m assuming from what I’ve gathered I have grandfather rights for both psv and lgv which means I only have to do my 35 hr periodic training meaning I only have 14 hrs left to do? Cheers for your help

From the info provided then yes, that’s correct. All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
From the info provided then yes, that’s correct. All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi again pete, is it ok to send you a pm?

No prob. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi folks, does anyone know what the government body of this law actually is, would hate to spend the money doing it if other countries are boycotting it and then if its scrapped a lot of us are out of pocket?!, a bit worrying.