driver cpc

hi guys i have lost my licence and am currently doing now’t till i get it back. does anyone know if i can go sit the driver cpc whilst i am banned or do i need the licence?

When I did the one DCPC session I have done so far I had to take my licence with me so the trainer could get the details from it for uploading the fact I had done the course.

No idea if that is the norm or not.

I’d not bother and save your money. Nobody is going to give you a job for quite some time, assuming the TC decides you can still keep your HGV entitlement depending what you got banned for.

magnetman:
hi guys i have lost my licence and am currently doing now’t till i get it back. does anyone know if i can go sit the driver cpc whilst i am banned or do i need the licence?

You need the license, depending on what you were banned for I wouldn’t worry about the cpc.

You need to show your trainer both parts of licence to get it accredited.

Let’s hope it has no relation to your username :confused:

magnetman:

As far as I am aware no you can’t. You are band so dont have a licence so it will not upload. not the same but we had one rejected due to his medical being held up and they suspended his licence. They rejected his hours.

I did two 7 hour courses with no valid HGV entitlement (expired medical)

JAUPT stipulate ID checks have to be carried out and this is normally licence checks. The trainer only has to check entitlement if driving is involved.

When I’m running a course I only check the photo matches the person handing it to me and the 2 addresses match. Don’t check licence validity.

From the JAUPT guide
Identity checking
Training centres must carry out identity checks in order to verify the identity of each
participant on a course. These checks must be carried out before any course commences
(including practical and classroom-based). This requires a visual check of a form of
identification, normally the photocard and counterpart driving licence. For drivers with an
‘old style’ paper driving licence, this must be accompanied by a valid passport or a valid
identity card (ID) issued under the Identity Cards Act 2006.
Licence category
It is also the responsibility of the approved training centre to confirm that all drivers whose
periodic training involves the driving of a vehicle must hold the appropriate licence to drive
that vehicle.
Note: Training centres are encouraged to remind drivers that they must have either
acquired rights or hold an initial Driver CPC before undertaking training that is intended to
count for Driver CPC purposes. Any training taken by drivers that do not have acquired
rights or hold an initial Driver CPC must not be uploaded to the Driver CPC R&E database.

dar1976:
Let’s hope it has no relation to your username :confused:

na nothing to do with the username… accumulated to many points :cry:

Hi Shep

i put one bloke through without the medical 2 weeks later a letter went to him and us stating his hours had not been recorded. A mate of mine was also told by JAUPT banned drivers could not do the CPC but maybe they meant the driving side.

hows tricks?

I was just talking to my neighbour who has a C1 licence with acquired rights to DCPC. He mentioned he was going to get back into driving and I told him about DCPC, which he didn’t know about. He said he was thinking of doing his class 2, what I was wondering was, does he need to get the periodic training in, or can he do the initial CPC when he does his class 2. I know he is exempt from initial DCPC through acquired rights but does that mean that he cannot take the initial CPC to give him his DQC?

I reckon he’ll need to do the normal DCPC - not the initial DCPC

Long distance clara:
Hi Shep

i put one bloke through without the medical 2 weeks later a letter went to him and us stating his hours had not been recorded. A mate of mine was also told by JAUPT banned drivers could not do the CPC but maybe they meant the driving side.

hows tricks?

Obviously this needs clarifying. I’ve never checked anyone’s licence for validity yet. I check the ID (as per the guide), copy it and record the details. I don’t check expiry dates or licence categories. I figured nobody would pay money to do something they don’t need to do (mind you that’s just the DCPC in general :smiley: )

When recording the training online - it verifies licence numbers. I thought that would be a good enough check.

What you have said about expired medical doesn’t make sense really. As soon as they then get the medical - they have their licence. if they have attended the training and paid their money - how can it not count? I know for sure that mine did.

I’ll make a point of getting onto JAUPT and asking.

Tricks are OK - course bookings are picking up … s l o w l y :unamused: You keeping busy?

Hello mate ticking over nicely cheers mate.

The bloke faild a medical on blood pressure. Did his CpC and it was rejected.

Also had a few with no mod 4 who should have, again their hours will be and have been rejected.

I had the mod4 issue 4 weeks ago I rejected the licsence st the start of play but his boss insisted he should do the course. 1 week later rejection letter comes through. the dystem excepts all valid numbers but rejects them after.

Just to let anyone interested know you can do your dcpc whilst banned although it will remain under investigation until your licence has come back… ty

magnetman:
Just to let anyone interested know you can do your dcpc whilst banned although it will remain under investigation until your licence has come back… ty

have you challenged the decision to suspend your licence? :laughing: many people in the country are driving around with 20, 30, 40 points and the guy last week walked from court with 47 points! :imp: come on spill the beans, " was it snorting white lines off your steering wheel, before rolling a double six to get on the M25? :grimacing: "