driver cpc

Hi,I’m new here.I don’t know if this has been asked before but can anyone tell me if the cpc for LGV & PCV are the same?I hold both licences & the company I work for are going to put me through the LGV cpc,I’ve asked several people & keep getting different answers.Will I have to do the cpc again for my PCV?

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome frog9991 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

frog9991:
Will I have to do the cpc again for my PCV?

The simple answer is no BUT read the rest below

THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

For those with aquired (grandfather) rights on both LGV & PCV there are a few issues in regard to the timing of passing the periodic driver cpc courses.

ONE SET OF 35 HOURS COVERS BOTH PCV & LGV

This will only be an issue until 09/09/2014 - after that date both LGV & PCV DQC (Driver cpc card) dates will be the same.

Any PCV periodic driver cpc training done before 10 Sept 2009 will not count for LGV IF all the 35 hours are not passed before 10 Sept 2013.

If the 35 hours are not completed by 10 Sept 2013 then the right to drive PCVs commercially is suspended until all 35 hours are completed.

If the 35 hours of periodic training are completed between 10 Sept 2009 and 09 Sept 2014 then ALL the expiry dates on the DQC (driver cpc card) will be 09 Sept 2019.
This is confirmed by the e-mail below -

Thank you for your email dated 21 September.

I have spoken to the department in question and they confirmed that the information below is correct.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have any further queries

Yours sincerely
Colleen Vardy
Contact Centre Agent
Driving Standards Agency
Tel: 0300 200 1122
Fax: 0300 200 1155
Email: customer.services@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 21 September 2009 13:10
To: DriverCPC
Subject: Aquired rights for PCV & LGV - DQC dates

I contacted a lady this morning on the DSA driver cpc hotline (0191 201 8112) and she had to call me back with the answer as this was an ‘issue’ to which she had to investigate.

This was my question -
A driver has aquired rights for both PCV & LGV.
They do all their 35 hours of periodic training in 2010.
What date or dates will be on the DQC ?

The answer -
Both the PCV & LGV and the card expiry dates will all be 09 September 2019

Please can you confirm this as it seems odd that one extra year is being given for the PCV !!

EXAMPLE -
A) 7 hours completed between 10 Sept 2008 and 09 Sept 2009
B) 21 hours completed between 10 Sept 2009 and 09 Sept 2013
C) 7 hours completed between 10 Sept 2013 and 09 sept 2014

A & B will count for PCV but not C
B & C will count for LGV but not A

In the above example the driver needs 7 more hours BEFORE 09 Sept 2013 to count as 35 hours for PCV (& LGV) or 7 more hours AFTER 09 Sept 2009 to count for LGV (& PCV)

When the 35 hours have been completed within the appropriate time frame then the DQC (Driver CPC Card) will have the expiry date of 09/09/2019 for everything.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

All you need is 35 hours training.whether bus or truck orientated makes no difference,stupid we all know.You could do first aid courses as they are at least relevent for both disciplines.

Wow looks like I’ve finally found a genuinely useful forum thats a first for me!Thanks guys that’s exactly what I wanted to know

frog9991:
Wow looks like I’ve finally found a genuinely useful forum thats a first for me!Thanks guys that’s exactly what I wanted to know

Enjoy it while it lasts Frog. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: