Driver CPC

I remember when the CPC started the trainer said when it comes round to the second round of CPC training then most of those who were in their late fifties will most likely not bother next time round as they will be nearly retired .

true im 51 and let it go 2nd time around

They should have kept you and binned the dcpc

Am I alone I’m not seeing an issue with CPC as a concept?

Yeah its ham fisted and fudged but done properly is it really so much of a bad idea? Given some of the things I see and questions I hear it’s not a bad idea at all, just poorly implemented and of little quality

toonsy:

Yeah its ham fisted and fudged but done properly is it really so much of a bad idea? Given some of the things I see and questions I hear it’s not a bad idea at all, just poorly implemented and of little quality

No you’re not alone, it’s just that those inclined to complain are more inclined to post about it, hence it appears to be a bigger issue than it is, while the vast majority of drivers I meet just crack on with getting things done.

Poorly implemented, yes I’ve been quite vocal about JAUPT who (mis)manage DCPC on behalf of DVSA/DfT.

Little quality? Not necessarily, I’ve spoken about this before - different training providers mean different courses. With a name like Toonsy you sound like a Magpie fan, so if that was the case I’d recommend you use the place in Gateshead where I send my drivers, the main trainer is an experienced driver and someone I know and trust, and he does his best to give the guys a decent day. Two of the three other trainers are also “proper drivers” so they know what they’re talking about.
EDIT Only just noticed you’re in Rugby, not “The Toon” as I’d wrongly concluded from your moniker

Zac_A:

toonsy:

No you’re not alone, it’s just that those inclined to complain are more inclined to post about it, hence it appears to be a bigger issue than it is, while the vast majority of drivers I meet just crack on with getting things done.

Poorly implemented, yes I’ve been quite vocal about JAUPT who (mis)manage DCPC on behalf of DVSA/DfT.

Little quality? Not necessarily, I’ve spoken about this before - different training providers mean different courses. With a name like Toonsy you sound like a Magpie fan, so if that was the case I’d recommend you use the place in Gateshead where I send my drivers, the main trainer is an experienced driver and someone I know and trust, and he does his best to give the guys a decent day. Two of the three other trainers are also “proper drivers” so they know what they’re talking about.
EDIT Only just noticed you’re in Rugby, not “The Toon” as I’d wrongly concluded from your moniker

Haha but I am a Magpie originally from the toon!

I used to be a CPC instructor and never seen JAUPT in over 400 courses.