Driver CPC

Well, after 30 years not using my class 1 I am due to come to the end of my first Driver CPC, last one next Saturday…

I must say that unlike a lot of people I have found all so far very interesting and learnt a fair bit of new stuff, and refreshed stuff I already thought I knew… so very happy…

Next step is to do a driver refresher to get back into driving and artic, couple and uncoupling a trailer and reversing, which should be quiet comical after all this time…

Then off to see the chap that offered me a job and has kept in touch during the training to see ow things are going…

Time to get out the motor trade and do something different … looking forward to doing it? mmm yes, but I am terrified lol …

STuart

The DCPC can be useful but the problem is that unless you have good reason to trust the instructor you need to check everything you’ve been told, read some of the stuff that’s been posted on this board about what’s been taught and you’ll see what I mean.

I only ever did a one day course for the DCPC and it was obvious the instructor was clueless about the current regulations, having said that he also ran an employment agency in Slough so that may be a clue as to his trustworthiness :unamused:

I have been reading up on quite a lot off stuff but the two instructors I have had do seem to know there stuff but I know what you mean :slight_smile:

LGVStuart:
Well, after 30 years not using my class 1 I am due to come to the end of my first Driver CPC, last one next Saturday…

I must say that unlike a lot of people I have found all so far very interesting and learnt a fair bit of new stuff, and refreshed stuff I already thought I knew… so very happy…

Next step is to do a driver refresher to get back into driving and artic, couple and uncoupling a trailer and reversing, which should be quiet comical after all this time…

Then off to see the chap that offered me a job and has kept in touch during the training to see ow things are going…

Time to get out the motor trade and do something different … looking forward to doing it? mmm yes, but I am terrified lol …

STuart

I only had to do one DCPC not long before I retired. Like you I found it quite interesting although I did not learn much new but I had my memory refreshed about a few things.
The course I did involved assessment drives which was very interesting especially from some of the old hands!
It’s just a pity some instructors (apparently) make up their own stuff instead of sticking to the correct rules and regs.
These couses like LGV seem to fall down because of this. On the other had a lot depends on driver attitude.

Good luck anyway but I am sure you will have no trouble at all.