Driver CPC

OK, I’m new to this forum and have tried a few searches, but really surprised i cant see any comments about the driver CPC.

Has anyone got any good courses to recommend in the Midlands/Shropshire area?

All the previous ones I did were pretty rubbish and much of the information was wrong, even had one instructor apologise saying I was right and he was wrong ( and I’m no expert). If I have to sit there for another 35 hours I would just rather make it worthwhile.

Jon.

I’ve got one year to complete the full 35 :frowning:

I’ll end up doing it in a full week. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again… I would rather circumcise myself with a rusty butter knife!

Do you already have LGV CE :question: - if not then doing that could get you 28 hours of the 35 if you did 2 to 1 training over 5 days with a dcpc provider who has the course approved :bulb:

ROG:
Do you already have LGV CE :question: - if not then doing that could get you 28 hours of the 35 if you did 2 to 1 training over 5 days with a dcpc provider who has the course approved :bulb:

Since 1992, But not much of it full time. I accept I’m rusty on things like split breaks etc because I don’t need it, and there are bound to be other gaps in my knowledge and even so none of the 5 instructors in 35 hours managed to teach me something I didnt already know.

I can see the value to new drivers but do we really have to sit through the same zb all over again? pass the rusty knife!

You could do something like ADR and get 21 - 28 hours of your DCPC and learn something that might be helpful if you ever need to change jobs. Make sure the ADR provider can put the course towards the DCPC though.

Driver Hire Shrewsbury used to run decent courses.

These are the subjects acceptable for DCPC
Subject Areas
Vehicle Systems (Transmission System)
Vehicle Systems (Safety Controls)
Loading/Unloading (LGV)
Customer Service / Disability Awareness (PCV)
Loading/Unloading (PCV)
Legislation (including Drivers Hours, Rules and Regulations and the Working Time Directive)
Regulations for Carriage of Goods (LGV)
Regulations for Carriage of Passengers (PCV)
Health, Safety and Emergencies
Prevention of Criminality and Trafficking
Personal Health and Wellbeing
Physical/Mental Health and Wellbeing
First Aid
Professional Driver and Company Issues
Economic Environment for Carriage of Goods (LGV)
Economic Environment for Carriage of Passengers (PCV)
Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving