Driver CPC

I have a question regarding the above. With the amount of posts about the topic, would take forever to search through.

Right, current card expires in Feb 17. I have done 7Hrs through work, and have another 5 booked for this year. Question is, does the 5th 7 hour get lost or count towards the next batch, as will be doing it before this card expires…

Hope the above makes sense,

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Card runs out in 2017.
Any thing you do now will start the clock from that date so if you did the full amount tomorrow you would in 2017 have a new card that would run till 2022

Cheers Nick2008
Its the extra course I’m doing that I’m wondering about. With it being before the expiy of current card.

Has to run consecutively otherwise no-one would be able to drive between their card expiring and doing the required hours. My card runs until 2019 but I’m doing the first of my next batch of courses on Saturday. I could in fact do all my hours (for 2019) this year and then not do any more until something like 2024 :laughing:

chicane:
Has to run consecutively otherwise no-one would be able to drive between their card expiring and doing the required hours. My card runs until 2019 but I’m doing the first of my next batch of courses on Saturday. I could in fact do all my hours (for 2019) this year and then not do any more until something like 2024 :laughing:

Thats what I thought. But bossman put doubt into my head. And then didn’t want to effectively waste a Saturday doing a course that wouldn’t count.

Thank you.

theantbox:
I have a question regarding the above. With the amount of posts about the topic, would take forever to search through.

Right, current card expires in Feb 17. I have done 7Hrs through work, and have another 5 booked for this year. Question is, does the 5th 7 hour get lost or count towards the next batch, as will be doing it before this card expires…

If you have a total of 42 hours then only 35 will count
you have 7 so on completion of the next 28 a new DQC expiry dated feb 22 is ready to be issued
No more hours will count until after feb 17
Only hours done within 5 years of the DQC expiry date can count

theantbox:

You will lose the 5th 7 hours so why not just do 4 courses instead of 5 ?

You can only do training hours now for the 5 year period that follows the current 5 year period, so in your case as your current DQC expires in 2017 you are now doing training to qualify for the 5 year period 2017 to 2022.

theantbox:

chicane:

Thats what I thought. But bossman put doubt into my head. And then didn’t want to effectively waste a Saturday doing a course that wouldn’t count.

Thank you.

Boss is correct.

You can’t go ‘banking’ them, or it would defeat the object of periodic training…

Not that the general lack of knowledge in the industry isn’t completely defeating the object…

Thanks all. Will cancel the last 7 hours tomorrow. Its free so not losing anything. I wasn’t sure if next card started on date the its issued, and then ended on that date 5 years later or not. Hence the confusion.

theantbox:
Thanks all. Will cancel the last 7 hours tomorrow. Its free so not losing anything. I wasn’t sure if next card started on date the its issued, and then ended on that date 5 years later or not. Hence the confusion.

No, next card starts when your current card expires and lasts 5 years.

Doesn’t matter if you do the 35hrs in the 1st week of the new 5 years or the last week, it’ll still be the same…

hmm, way I see it the hours I do during the life of my current card i.e. now) are to count towards the one issued in 2019, the card issued in 2019 won’t expire until 2024. Yes it makes a mockery of the principle of periodic training but then it’s all a load of…

chicane:
hmm, way I see it the hours I do during the life of my current card i.e. now) are to count towards the one issued in 2019, the card issued in 2019 won’t expire until 2024. Yes it makes a mockery of the principle of periodic training but then it’s all a load of…

So, you don’t think it’s valuable?

You haven’t seen a massive improvement in the knowledge of drivers, or a reduction of questions that you’d think all drivers ‘should’ know after the CPC being around for so long?

Ok, ok… I agree, it’s a load of ■■■■ and a big ■■■■■■■ con. :imp:

chicane:
hmm, way I see it the hours I do during the life of my current card i.e. now) are to count towards the one issued in 2019, the card issued in 2019 won’t expire until 2024.

In your case that’s correct, the current 5 year period ends in 2019 when your DQC expires, to continue driving commercially beyond that date you will need to do 35 hours periodic training, but if you did more than 35 hours training before your card expires in 2019 the extra training hours would not count for anything, any training you do can only count towards the 5 year period following the current 5 year period, in your case that’s 2019 to 2024.

Although the dates are different that’s exactly what we’ve told the OP.

waynedl:

chicane:

So, you don’t think it’s valuable?

You haven’t seen a massive improvement in the knowledge of drivers, or a reduction of questions that you’d think all drivers ‘should’ know after the CPC being around for so long?

Ok, ok… I agree, it’s a load of [zb] and a big [zb] con. :imp:

:open_mouth: I’m shocked you could think such a thing :laughing: you may think that, but I couldn’t possibly comment

Tachograph I misread the OP and thought he meant 7hr + 5hrs not 5 days :unamused:

Thanks for the replies peoples of all genders.