driver CPC

i did,nt realise, i lost my CPC card and have gone online to apply for a replacement and had a look at my training record, i did a course 10 jan 2010, which was valid to get my cpc card in september but is now showing as invalid. is this going to stop me getting a replacement card? my record is now only showing 28 hours of training as valid.

You should be fine. The system is just showing that particular course is older than 5 years.

You have to order your replacement card by email and let them have all your details plus a contact number. They will then call you for card details. Until you have paid the £25 you aren’t supposed to drive.

Apply for a replacement DQC

You must email DVSA if your DQC has been lost, stolen or damaged.

DVSA Driver CPC enquiries
cpcre@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

Tell DVSA your:
name
driving licence number
date of birth
address
telephone number

DVSA will then call you back. You’ll need a credit or debit card to pay the £25 fee for the replacement.

You can also apply by writing to the DVSA at the address above.

You can keep driving professionally while you wait for your replacement DQC. Contact DVSA if it doesn’t arrive within 20 days

Interesting! Two respected posters giving very different answers!

the maoster:

rog for the win :laughing:

hang on, they’re not quite talking about the same thing, shep is saying you can’t drive until you’ve coughed up, rog says you can drive whilst waiting for the card to arrive, they both could be right!

the maoster:

If you mean my answer and Rog’s they appear to be the same just not as many words in mine. Aren’t they?

You cannot drive in scope of DCPC if your card is lost and you haven’t paid the £25 for a replacement. I have verified this with DVSA. Once they call you back (whether you call first, email or write to them you have to wait for them to call you) and you pay they log it and give you a Ref number to quote to enforcement officers.

DVSA have confirmed that roadside action for a missing card not yet paid for (therefore not requested) is a GFP of £50