Driver CPC training latest

Report from the RHA training conference here:

truckingtopics.co.uk/rhaconference.html

There are nearly 3 times more training centres operational than expected and the majority of drivers are at least half-way through the training process.

So the Rha reports no possible driver shortage, dsa say they are inundated with training centres, and yet some still reckon there will be a shortage in skills in the future…

hmm… 2+2 =5
it would seem as cant quite fathom that out.

If there is a shortage of drivers i think it would be the class one arctic drivers, when i was at the test centre everyday for the last few weeks i only seen one class one, most tests was 7.5 and class two

sweeper1gg:
If there is a shortage of drivers i think it would be the class one arctic drivers . . .

A fantastic opportunity then for Class One Drivers to withdraw their labour
from 9/9/14 until they get a minimum of £10 per hour on PAYE.

£12 ph after eight hours per shift and Saturday.

£14 ph on Sunday.

Some already get more than that - that should not be eroded.

Stand up and be counted.

Aurri:
So the Rha reports no possible driver shortage, dsa say they are inundated with training centres, and yet some still reckon there will be a shortage in skills in the future…

hmm… 2+2 =5

I think there is a possible problem coming in the future (beyond Sept next year), simply because most drivers are now over 50. So not next year, but maybe in 10 - 15 years unless there’s substantial improvement in terms and conditions…and not just from employers, but also in roadside facilities etc.

I’m not doing it.

Licence acquisition for C+E/Theory test/Hazard Perception and Initial DCPC modules + ongoing DCPC Periodic Training now far too complicated/expensive. This ‘process’ is putting newcomers off - especially youngsters. We are going to need some help soon…some funding, some schemes I don’t know - but not many ‘young uns’ doing the training to become a Class One LGV driver.

Very simply the training is now too expensive and the wages are too low.

Employers and govt want champagne drivers and to pay lemonade wages.

As the Daleks would have said: “Does not compute.”

GasGas:

Aurri:

hmm… 2+2 =5

I think there is a possible problem coming in the future (beyond Sept next year), simply because most drivers are now over 50. So not next year, but maybe in 10 - 15 years unless there’s substantial improvement in terms and conditions…and not just from employers, but also in roadside facilities etc.

Don’t worry, they do DCPC training in Romania and Bulgaria too.

Dieseldoforme:
A fantastic opportunity then for Class One Drivers to withdraw their labour
from 9/9/14 until they get a minimum of £10 per hour on PAYE.

£12 ph after eight hours per shift and Saturday.

£14 ph on Sunday.

Some already get more than that - that should not be eroded.

Stand up and be counted.

Don’t be silly, the Poles, Lithuanians etc will do it for half the price, you think bosses would be bothered if we ‘withdrew our services’…? Nobody gives a flying ■■■■ about drivers so don’t expect miracles…
(Not having a go at you personally btw)