Driver CPC Questian

I have been told by my Instructor that i will nead two cpc courses as i already hold a PCV cat DE and am now taking my LGV C.CE do i need one for the PCV one for the LGV . so i did some reading on a few web sites and from the way i understand it i only need to do the one CPC course . and that covers both am i right or is he right .
Thanks Roy

I think a quick phone call to DVLA would be a wise one Roy then you know for sure

You only need one. Read it in the DSA book just the other day.

Thanks for that i have read it on the net just wanna be shure so i will ring dvla monday .

Hi. The way I read the op is that you already hold PCV. Assuming you passed before Sept 2008 you hold dcpc until Sept 2013 on grandfather rights. If you passed your car test before Jan 1997 you automatically have C1 (7.5 tonnes) licence. That would give you grandfather rights for dcpc until Sept 2014. If that is the case all you have to do is complete 35 hours of dcpc periodic training before Sept 2013. One lot of 35 hours will cover both licences.

But I’ve made various assumptions which can be dangerous. Feel free to send me a pm and I’ll tell you exactly what you need/don’t need. Let me know when you passed your car test and your PCV.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

you only need 1, theres no need to do 2. 1 covers both…