Driver CPC Module 4, 1 Week's time! (UPDATE - PASSED)

dar1976:
Well done on the pass. Hope I do just as well on 13th. Let’s also hope it doesn’t get snowed off (if that’s possible for mod 4).

If I am honest I am more worried about this one than doing the module 3.

Good luck with finding work and doing C+E

Dean

I was exactly the same, i was very worried about this module 4, i flew through my module 3 test, was easy for me, but module 4 i was stressing alot over. Read all of those things from flair training and the sticky and ask questions on here or your tutor if you are unsure and you will be fine. The module 4 test is really nothing to worry about, just learn all those checks. Goodluck in your test’s, i wish you well :smiley:

Also i went online and ordered those forms, thanks.

Well done brawngp. As you say a pass is a pass and a good one too.

Also to dar1976 your Mod 4 will not be snowed off. Our test centre here in Chelmsford is completely closed for driver testing but the examiner has assured us he would still conduct Mod 4 tests in 12 inches of snow. (only about 6 at the moment)

As brawngp says keep learning those vehicle checks. We use the following guide to help people remember the 10 items.

There are 5 checks done totally inside the vehicle

1. Mirrors
  2. Horn
  3. Speed limiter (just point to the sticker in the cab)
  4. Tacho/speedo (just say you would make sure they are functioning correctly)
  5. Brakes (some examiners want you to start the engine and pull forward a few feet then test the brakes. Others are happy that you mention the word brakes)

There are 3 checks done partly inside and partly outside the vehicle
6. Lights (switch them on from inside but check they work from outside the cab)
7. Exhaust (we rev the engine to check for excessive smoke then get out to check exhaust mountings and general condition)
8. Washers / wipers (Operate from the inside and check condition of rubbers and wash bottle level from outside)

There are 2 checks done totally outside the vehicle
9. Tyres (include wheelnuts and mudflaps with this one)
10. Number Plates / Reflectors (mention that you would check the correct plate was fitted to any trailer as well as cleanliness etc)

To avoid forgetting any, don’t mix and match the items as you walk round the vehicle. Do each one in turn. We recommend starting with the outside items. That way you end up in the cab all ready to collect your pass certificate.

^ I cant thank you enough for the help you gave me :smiley: Every question i had was identical to the ones on your cpc questions PDF. So everyone looking to do your CPC mod 4 read these flair training guides and listen to these helpful trainer’s on this forum, they know their stuff, if you are unsure then ask. Goodluck to all of you.

Very well done brawngp on your mod 4 pass :smiley: :smiley: fair play you realy had to work at that one & got the results you needed, & some excellant advice from everyone too :smiley: good luck for the future :smiley:

Well done on the pass - and thanks for your thanks.

Digicard form: either download from VOSA website or pick up from a VOSA test station. Not available from post offices - that would be too easy!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I downloaded my digi card forms and sent them off and received mine back this morning 10 days after I sent it. Use the form that you download Brawn and send that off.

Congrats on the CPC mate :wink: