Driver cpc in uk only

i was chatting to a bloke last week. he is english, but lives in romania, he has a romanian driving licence. which he showed me.
he speaks some romanian, but as he said, it’s just enough to get by. so i asked him how would he go on with doing his driver cpc in romania. he explained that it’s only the uk that is bothered about it. he travels throughout europe and beyond, and no other country appears to be doing anything about it.
so will it just fizzle out?

iT WILL NOT FIZZLE OUT as many country are doing the courses all ready
it can be that in some of the new countrys they are slower but it is here to stay unless the EU changes its mind, which is abig IF;;

I have greek friends and they say they know nothing about it

If an EU country does not bother then the Govt of that country is asking for a very hefty fine.

Those not doing it with the blessing of their country may get away with it for so long but they will not be allowed to drive in the parts of the EU where it is enforced especially after Sept 2014

limeyphil:
…so will it just fizzle out?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Phil, but just pause and consider one thing…

How likely do you think it is that DSA /JAUPT will fizzle out when you consider the massive sums of money for registrations and renewals that they’re coining in??

If you’re not too sure about that, then how likely is it that the Government will give up a stealth tax and the possibility of collecting fines from drivers after 2014■■

Answers on a postcard please. :grimacing:

he’s either talking crap phil or he hasn’t got a clue what he’s on about. maybe trying to be big headed or something?
we have to do it in spain and its not cheap, apparently the whole course will be about 1400 euros :open_mouth:

We’ve just done our 2nd 7 hour block on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago.
Don’t know how much it costs as the firm is paying AND we’re getting a day off in lieu :wink:
So in 3 years time I will be highly qualified in the art of sucking eggs :unamused:

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if just once we stuck together and said ■■■■ off to this ■■■■?

Inselaffe:
So in 3 years time I will be highly qualified in the art of sucking eggs :unamused:

It’s the pointy end. There, that didn’t take 35 hours. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Have’nt the French been doing it for years ? Was’nt it the French who ( because of some incident over there with a Brit driver ) pestered the EU to bring it in for all EU countries ?

I know 2 French drivers who’ve already done the Drivers CPC (not the old French one). I think they said it was costing 650 euros for each of them.
As for drivers knowing nothing about it, I’m sure if you asked many British drivers they’d also be very vague about what it is, many probably think it’s something do to with the operators CPC.

…Or it could be like when I was in the building game. The Man said we all needed to be certified under one banner and have a CSCS card, if you don’t, The Man said, you wont work on a site. So we all exchanged our City and Guilds for NVQ (paid for that), sat a safety test, (paid for that), sent off photos and six weeks later, a new card (paid for that too).
And what do you know? Our European friends roll up to the site gates fresh cards in hands (even one of the blokes had been a labourer 3 weeks before) saying they are bricklayers.
Turns out that their local training bodies are equal to ours to allow free access work rights and its up to member states to police themselves.
Forty quid in the trainers hand and your a fully train bricklayer and we can’t say otherwise!
I guess that some country doesn’t want its transport system to grind to a halt may be less than on the ball as long as some money drips into its coffers.
If this country sticks to form, then we will follow the rules to the limit…others don’t.
The EU power base is in the council of ministers and if they feel it is not in their countries interest things will slide (The French have not opened their electric markets up for competition. We did obeying the rules again)

Don’t worry, it’s not in UK only. We have that in Poland for years and years, long before we joined European Union… :slight_smile:

First of all the EU is a dictatorship. I ddin’t vote for any of their ‘policies’ and if they say that ‘blah blah’ must be done by law then what choice do you have ? None ! I mean, I’m allowed to drive at 60mph in my truck in this country, everything on my roads is done in Miles or MPH. Yet the ‘EU’ dictate that I’ve got to be limited to 90k/ph (which is translated into 56mph as them British numpties don’t do Metric ). Didn’t all them brave men fight for 6 years in 1939- to keep us a free country ?

Point 2, my friend lives in Malta. Hasn’t got a clue about the driver CPC nor has anyone on the Island.

Point 3, car drivers are in need of a lot more education than 99.99999999% of the truckers. I will stick a camera in my front window and film for 8 hours if I need to to prove this. What will the EU do about this ‘safety’ aspect for me I wonder.

God aint we got enough to think like tacho breaks, is the bloody vehicle, wheres the cameras, by now the drivers handbook would make you overweight, you’ll need a truck with a low loader behind ya just for the paperwork

sankev13:
God aint we got enough to think like tacho breaks, is the bloody vehicle, wheres the cameras, by now the drivers handbook would make you overweight, you’ll need a truck with a low loader behind ya just for the paperwork

Good news - there is one you can easily remove from the list :smiley:

cheesey:
…Or it could be like when I was in the building game. The Man said we all needed to be certified under one banner and have a CSCS card, if you don’t, The Man said, you wont work on a site. So we all exchanged our City and Guilds for NVQ (paid for that), sat a safety test, (paid for that), sent off photos and six weeks later, a new card (paid for that too).
And what do you know? Our European friends roll up to the site gates fresh cards in hands (even one of the blokes had been a labourer 3 weeks before) saying they are bricklayers.
Turns out that their local training bodies are equal to ours to allow free access work rights and its up to member states to police themselves.
Forty quid in the trainers hand and your a fully train bricklayer and we can’t say otherwise!
I guess that some country doesn’t want its transport system to grind to a halt may be less than on the ball as long as some money drips into its coffers.
If this country sticks to form, then we will follow the rules to the limit…others don’t.
The EU power base is in the council of ministers and if they feel it is not in their countries interest things will slide (The French have not opened their electric markets up for competition. We did obeying the rules again)

ha ha don’t get me started on the cscs card i had had mine for 5 years and it had expired before anyone even asked to see it! what a joke that is.

all the foreigners may have the cscs safety card but how safe can it be when there is a fire on site ( happens more than you think) and hardly any of them can speak english. how safe is that ffs!!!

Some ■■■■■■ in the DoT (IRL) decided to make us do our 7 hour blocks annually. :unamused: