Driver cpc - Foreign Licence

Was told today that if you have a european licence (Not a uk licence) that you have to do the driver cpc in the country of where the licence is issued otherwise it wont apply.
So basically there is no point doing a driver cpc in uk if you hold a non uk licence.
Anyone know is there any truth in this.

i dont think so, we’ve got a couple polish and pakistan at our place, and as long as they are deemed to be able understand english well enough they can do it in uk.

But maybe they have exchanged there licence for a uk one as def u cant operate here on a pakistani licence or can you ?

hmm maybe the pakistan boys your right. but as far i understood that was what happened with poland.

Just in last place i worked in was told that when they were doing the drivers cpc i couldnt see what difference it would make though

What I would like to know is how are eastern europen contory such as Poland are implementing the DCPC
Say if I lived in Poland how easally could I get my DCPC

mcgregors shafter:
What I would like to know is how are eastern europen contory such as Poland are implementing the DCPC

Depends. How good are your Polish language skills?

Poland have had a DCPC type thing for years, as have other countries such as France and Holland, so not much to be done to implement their DCPC.

Coffeeholic:

mcgregors shafter:

Poland have had a DCPC type thing for years, as have other countries such as France and Holland, so not much to be done to implement their DCPC.

year but is it the same as ours
is it classroom based or can they just class there regular work as the CPC
do they have to do the same hours

mcgregors shafter:

Coffeeholic:

mcgregors shafter:

year but is it the same as ours
is it classroom based or can they just class there regular work as the CPC
do they have to do the same hours

There is much more to them than our simple thing.

If its merely attendance only with no tests or exams, and the same system was in place in lets say Slovakia and as an English guy living in Bratislava but not speaking Slovak, could you not just attend the course and sit there all day in total ignorance in whats being said and claim your hours?

Coffeeholic:
There is much more to them than our simple thing.

so what you are saying is the eastern europen thing is a harder CPC traing cource then ours :question:

I know in Portugal it’s 35 hours with exams in the end,and yes,you can FAIL IT!!

It’s the same in France, it is a fortnights course called the FIMO, consisting of classroom and driving assessment and it costs 2000 euros.

Sapper

what im realy trying to get at is are the eastern europen jobs cowboying it again like they did with there driving tests and came over hear to get the jobs and compete wiht us lot who sppents thosends to get an LgV

mcgregors shafter:
what im realy trying to get at is are the eastern europen jobs cowboying it again like they did with there driving tests and came over hear to get the jobs and compete wiht us lot who sppents thosends to get an LgV

You mean when they passed their HGV 1 on a donkey cart with a 4 wheel rully don’t you?

Your spellchecker is broken again :laughing:

sapper:
It’s the same in France, it is a fortnights course called the FIMO, consisting of classroom and driving assessment and it costs 2000 euros.

Sapper

Then followed up every 5 years by FCOS

Its everywhere the Same,but other Countries have other understanding of H&S
You may not need a Hard hat when seating in a korry in some European Countries,for exemple.
You also may not need everywhere Toesavers,or HighViz
you know.Its just the diverend bravery level of the differend Countries,as Jeremy Clarkson explains a few Times every Year

nedflanders:
Was told today that if you have a european licence (Not a uk licence) that you have to do the driver cpc in the country of where the licence is issued otherwise it wont apply.
So basically there is no point doing a driver cpc in uk if you hold a non uk licence.
Anyone know is there any truth in this.

Total load of ■■■■■■ Ring up the dsa and get them to send you a dcq1 form. Do the course and make sure u keep you certificate. Inceu have doen all 5 fill in ur dcq1 form n send ur licence passport certificates to the dsa. They will then manually upload it and send it back to you and ur card will arrive in the post. Iv just done all of this and i hold a southern irish licence. As long as u have an eu licence your sorted.

The only requirement is that all 35 hours must be done in the same EU country and the only reason for that is because each country has its own dcpc system