Driver CPC & Category confirmation

Hi, i am a newly passed Category C & C1 holder.

My first question is, i took training and passed for Category C in April, and have since been pretty busy and now need to sort out my CPC.

I cannot seem to find an answer as to how much CPC i need to do.
The training company are, in my opinion, a bit of a money grabbing sales company because when i asked about it i got a mixed answer.

Can someone tell me, do i need to do 35 hours full CPC, or do i just need to do initial qualification?

I passed my car test in 2011 and i’m 29 years old.

Question 2

On my license it says i hold category C AND C1.
Can someone please give me as much description as to what both of these categories mean please.

I seem to have just jumped into this and although i passed both theory and practical, i seem to have missed learning the basics. The training company just kept buttering everything up and making it all sound so easy (when it bloody wasn’t) and they’d guide me through everything, when infact i had to constantly chase up the next steps. (And still haven’t received any recruitment help which was promised)

I hope i have given enough info for someone to help me.

Thanks for your time.
Callum.

Hi Callum

You need your Initial Driver cpc. This is in two parts: case studies AKA Mod 2 (done at the theory test centre) and Prac Demo Test AKA Mod 4 done at a driving test centre. Many folks do no preparation for Mod 2 and get away with it but I would recommend training for Mod 4. This varies between 2 and 3 hours roughly. Mod 4 deals with safety checks, safe loading, checking for illegal immigrants and drugs etc.

You have CAT C and C1. CAT C covers you for any rigid goods vehicle (regardless of weight or number of axles) and a trailer up to 750kgs (a camping trailer). C1 is superseded by C and covers you up to 7.5 tonnes with a trailer up to 750 kgs.

You mention recruitment help. Sounds as if you’ve been to a broker. Don’t go back! Find a real trainer with a correct demonstration trolley and equipment. Total cost of the whole process IRO £300.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing: