Driver Cpc card Info

The information on the Driver CPC Card.

dsa.gov.uk/Documents/CPC/gui … aining.pdf

DRIVER CPC for C1 (even if got before 97), C1+E, C, C+E.

I’ve tried to extract the bits that I THINK are relevant to LGV drivers but I may have not got all the relevant info from the directive or I may have put in bits that are not necessary, so please point out anything you think should or should not be included - THANKS

Who is affected by the requirements for Periodic Training ?
Exemptions
Drivers are not required to hold a Driver CPC if the vehicle they drive is:

• Not authorised to exceed 45 kph
  • Being used by or under the instructions of the armed forces, the police or a fire
    and rescue authority
  • Undergoing road tests for technical development repair or for maintenance purposes
  • Being used in a state of emergency or as part of a rescue mission
  • Being used for driving lessons for either driving licence or Driver CPC purposes
  • Not being used to carry passengers or goods for commercial purposes
  • Carrying materials or equipment for the driver’s work, where driving is not the
    driver’s principal activity
    This list is not necessarily exhaustive and is intended only as a guide. It is recommended that in all cases where it is felt an exemption applies, drivers and operators seek independent legal advice.

ANNEX 2 - The Syllabus According to the Directive
List of Subjects
The knowledge to be taken into account by Member States when establishing the driver’s initial qualification and periodic training must include some of the subjects in this list. Trainee drivers must reach the level of knowledge and practical competence necessary
to drive in all safety vehicles of the relevant licence category.
The minimum level of knowledge may not be less than level 2 of the training-level structure provided for in Annex I to Decision 85/368/EEC11, i.e. the level reached during compulsory education, supplemented by professional training.

2.1.0 Advanced training in rational driving based on safety regulations
All licences

2.1.1 Objective: to know the characteristics of the transmission system in order to make the best possible use of it:
— curves relating to torque, power, and specific consumption of an engine, area of
optimum use of revolution counter, gearbox-ratio cover diagrams.

2.1.2 Objective: to know the technical characteristics and operation of the safety controls in order to control the vehicle, minimise wear and tear and prevent disfunctioning:
— specific features of hydraulic vacuum servobrake circuit, limits to the use of brakes
and retarder, combined use of brakes and retarder, making better use of speed
and gear ratio, making use of vehicle inertia, using ways of slowing down and
braking on downhill stretches, action in the event of failure.

2.1.3 Objective: ability to optimise fuel consumption:
— optimisation of fuel consumption by applying know-how as regards points 2.1 and 2.2

Licences C, C+E, C1, C1+E
2.1.4 Objective: ability to load the vehicle with due regard for safety rules and proper
vehicle use:
— forces affecting vehicles in motion, use of gearbox ratios according to vehicle
load and road profile, calculation of payload of vehicle or assembly, calculation
of total volume, load distribution, consequences of overloading the axle, vehicle
stability and centre of gravity, types of pack aging and pallets; main categories of
goods needing securing, clamping and securing techniques, use of securing straps,
checking of securing devices, use of handling equipment, placing and removal
of tarpaulins.

ANNEX 5 - GUIDANCE ON COURSE LAYOUT
Please note: Whilst the Directive does not stipulate the precise content of each course,
the matrix below suggests a method for completing the form for the guidance of
providers. It is meant to be illustrative and none of the timings / contents are prescriptive
in any way.Evaluation method Resources/Timings Content
15 minutes Welcome and Classroom Cross reference
introduction subject within syllabus
i.e. 1.1.1
30 minutes Explanation of the subject Listen and Whiteboard video
area and relevance to ask questions
the job
60 minutes Practical demonstration Use of equipment/
vehicle
120 minutes Interactive and practical Demonstration of practical Use of equipment/
activity Eg. In-cab driving/ practical competence or vehicle
manual handling completion of questionnaire
completion of questionnaire/
45 minutes Lunch
120 minutes New topic orc Listen and ask questions Use of equipment/
continued interactive activity practical demonstration vehicle
45 minutes Discussion and clarification Questions and
of course content answers on course content
15 minutes Course evaluation — what Complete course evaluation
have the drivers learnt
from the course?
15 minutes Did the drivers benefit from Complete feedback form
the training/what could have
been better/what was good?
Total Time = 7

ROG:
oooh goody - something to read on a wet bank holiday :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A good job for you rog you pay £1500 and then you can teach it.

£1500 for 5 years to register as a training establishment and then £252 per 7 hour course to register per annum though!

^^^^ Aye, but if it’s anything like the “Safepass” course I had to do (you need for construction work / site access) over here :

1 room / 1 digital projector / 1 laptop / 1 trainer / Tea & Biscuits / Lunch next door included. €130 a head. Either payable by employer, individual or state.

12 modules and bored to death by power-point presentation on construction site H&S issues. 1 hour in breaks. 9 hours in total. 20 multi-guess questions (A,B or C) just testing if you’ve been paying attention (or have common sense). 14/20 pass. If you don’t pass (no-one failed and that’s with about a 1/3 foreign nationals) you get a second shot same day.

18 people there = €2340 less expenses. Licence to print money if you ask me.

Well it looks like the roads will be very quiet on the 10th September 2014. It will give me chance to organise my 56th birthday party.

I have always been a staunch ally of training and retraining but this is another joke dreamt up by a pot smoking graduate who failed his exams.

I can drive a truck reasonably well making economical use of the gears, Sometimes I even get the right one. I can occasionally drive slower and save fuel. I have learnt to fasten stuff under, on top of and inside a trailer, I learnt to move it easily, I learnt the tricks of the trade from better men than me. I learnt from prehistoric ancestors the principles of wheels and pulleys, ropes, levers and friction working against gravity.

I can also read a map, turn on a sat nav and ask directions from it. If all else fails I can just about manage to string a sentence together and ask where I am and how to get somewhere else.

During the past 50 years I have managed to keep a clean driving licence for long periods, I managed to find my own way to school and wasnt frightened of the dark. I can dress myself and tie my own bootlaces.

I have also managed to pay my way, paid a mortgage and made important decisions about my family and friends,

During my work day I have probably used most types of truck, trailer and carried many thousands of tonnes of freight over millions of miles. without issue I might add, if I didnt understand something I would ask and keep asking until I did understand it properly.

So where is the bloke who knows more than me going to come from? I doubt the 23 year old civil servant who designed this joke has gained my experience. or even understands what I do in a days work.

The one thing I do know is that from the first moment I touched a lorry as a bright eyed inquisitive 5 year old. I have been learning, 45 years later I still am learning and willing to pass on my experience.

Anyway from 10th September 2014 I am quite willing to stand well back and watch the fresh faced youngster make all my mistakes. :wink:

Well it looks like the roads will be very quiet on the 10th September 2014. It will give me chance to organise my 56th birthday party.

I have always been a staunch ally of training and retraining but this is another joke dreamt up by a pot smoking graduate who failed his exams.

I can drive a truck reasonably well making economical use of the gears, Sometimes I even get the right one. I can occasionally drive slower and save fuel. I have learnt to fasten stuff under, on top of and inside a trailer, I learnt to move it easily, I learnt the tricks of the trade from better men than me. I learnt from prehistoric ancestors the principles of wheels and pulleys, ropes, levers and friction working against gravity.

I can also read a map, turn on a sat nav and ask directions from it. If all else fails I can just about manage to string a sentence together and ask where I am and how to get somewhere else.

During the past 50 years I have managed to keep a clean driving licence for long periods, I managed to find my own way to school and wasnt frightened of the dark. I can dress myself and tie my own bootlaces.

I have also managed to pay my way, paid a mortgage and made important decisions about my family and friends,

During my work day I have probably used most types of truck, trailer and carried many thousands of tonnes of freight over millions of miles. without issue I might add, if I didnt understand something I would ask and keep asking until I did understand it properly.

So where is the bloke who knows more than me going to come from? I doubt the 23 year old civil servant who designed this joke has gained my experience. or even understands what I do in a days work.

The one thing I do know is that from the first moment I touched a lorry as a bright eyed inquisitive 5 year old. I have been learning, 45 years later I still am learning and willing to pass on my experience.

Anyway from 10th September 2014 I am quite willing to stand well back and watch the fresh faced youngster make all my mistakes.

Post of the year so far.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

ROG:
oooh goody - something to read on a wet bank holiday :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A good job for you rog you pay £1500 and then you can teach it.

Boring for me - I’m one to be out there doing the on-the-road teaching.

Anyone got a % guess on how many drivers will be packing it in come Sept 2014 :question: :question:

I’m thinking of booking Wembley for a week in August 2014! Should just about get everyone in. That is of course assuming there is still a transport industry by then!

Daft idea… economical use of the gears… not my problem… that’s what a ZF auto box does for me. Can I take the on-road training in my own wagon? Will they pay me to come over to do this? Or can I do it in Belgium?
Ok, seems I can do it in “The country of residence or employment”, reading these things helps…
But the restrictions are insane… it’s just plain daft…
“If the driver leaves the course before it is complete, it will not count” :unamused:
And I can see that egg-sucking is on the sylabus…
Sheesh…

I just remembered something from school.

Those that can do, do!, those that cannot, teach!

Wheel Nut:
I just remembered something from school.

Those that can do, do!, those that cannot, teach!

Am I odd then as I can teach LGV driving as well as do it, either as the trainees are expected to do (DSA) or advanced style :question: :question:
The biggest fun for me is to remember which type of commentary to use when doing a demo as I have 1 DSA & 3 advanced drive types.

Am I odd then

I can guess what’s next… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

drivers cpc? what next? at 50 yrs old i ve had it with all this bollo#s,i can remember loading timber at newport docks and chaining it on then rope and sheet it,nearly 30 yrs ago most trailers were flats,i ve never lost a load or had a major accident,like most drivers if they are truthful we have all had a few bumps and scrapes.but in 2014 if i dont have a dcpc and a driver with 6 months experiance has ,they get the job,most drivers cant tie their shoe laces never mind a dolly in a rope.ok we have straps now and chain dogs are not allowed but surely the more you know the better so if you can tie a dolly all the better because if you run out of straps a bit of rope can save the day.ok training is good it keeps you up to date but i read it was going to cost up to 650 pounds for a week or 100+ aday,if this is correct who is paying for it?? let me guess mmm the driver and will we get more money,i doubt it.i hope i win the lottery before 2014 then you can stuff transport wher there sun dont shine.by the way ive worked on flats,tilts,tauts,powder tanks,low loaders,car transporters,done all uk and 16 uropean countries,6 months in canada.

another form of theft from people.
government and training agency money making factories