Driver courtesy alive and well

I just wanted to share with you all my experience last Friday in our family car on the M42. Traffic was relatively heavy and approaching the Belfry junction southbound the brake lights were coming on and traffic was bunching. I eased off the throttle from about 60mph down to 40 ish when the driver behind lost concentration and rammed in the back of us.

Now I was in lane 2 with a container wagon in lane 1. The box driver saw the incident, eased off to allow both vehicles accros lane 1 onto the hard shoulder and then duly pulled up ahead.

This chap, who I won’t name, was an o/d from Southampton and he was straight out to check everyone was ok and gave all his details as a witness and offer his opinon on the skills of the driver that hit us (which incidentally made me smile as I really wanted to do the same!)

Now I know you guys are proffesionals and may not be surprised at his actions but considering you are all on schedules I appreciate your time is precious, especially if its’ your business. I just wanted to say that his actions were very much appreciated by myself and my passengers and it really made a difference to what was a bit of shock. It seemed rather ironic as we got on the way again that not one of the car drivers bothered to stop!

As much as this forum and the industry has its fans it also has many more ready to criticise drivers and the industry in general. So from a wanabee driver with his medical booked next month it really demonstrated that courtesy and proffesionalism is alive and well in the industry even if at times it can appear thin on the ground.

Good to hear a story like that,thanks for taking the time to post it.
Hope you and your family are all ok and good luck with the medical and getting your license.
All the the best. :smiley:

calebs gramps:
Hope you and your family are all ok and good luck with the medical and getting your license.

I think you speak for most of us on here, fair play.
Best of luck for medical etc. Peak_46.

calebs gramps:

Fair play to the container driver, although all the other cars passing after he’d stopped will now be thinking…“Bloody lorry drivers caused another accident” :unamused: :unamused:

At least we know the truth.

Hope you and your family are OK

Probably paid by the hour…

Dogmatix:
Probably paid by the hour…

that’s a job i’d like, an owner driver paid by the hour.

where do i apply?

:smiley: I pulled a car over the m40 south on thursday morning before the a34 turn off, for a bloke unaware his rear tyre was going flat and the rubber was coming off although when we pulled on the hard shoulder i offered him a hand to change it as he was in his suit he did say no but i got no and no thanks or anything from him. My good deed for my career done :smiley: But a thanks would have been nice. SO how many of us have done things like this?

@ peak, the first thing you should’ve done was call the amb to ensure some healthy numbers on the whiplash compo :wink: .

Rob K:
@ peak, the first thing you should’ve done was call the amb to ensure some healthy numbers on the whiplash compo :wink: .

Yeah, because we all need another insurance hike :unamused:

waynedl:

Rob K:

Don’t be so naive. It’d go up regardless.

Rob K:

waynedl:

Rob K:

Don’t be so naive. It’d go up regardless.

I know, but they like to give us excuses for it going up.

Personally I think they should get rid of fully comp insurance, if you trash your new car and it’s your own fault, pay for it yourself. Maybe then some of these morons in flash cars would stop driving like ■■■■■■

Easy for me to say though in my 600 quid banger :smiley: