Driver/chauffeur job. Terrific pay - not!

They don’t want much for £250 a week do they? That would give a take home of what, under £200?
15,000 miles in what time scale, a year or the 6 month contract?

Driver / Chauffeur
Successful applicants must possess ALL of the following - Experienced at driving long distances; Own reliable transport to and from place of work (Public Transport may not always be an option); Full CLEAN driving licence for manual vehicle; Full set of references for the previous 12 months for similar work as an experienced business chauffeur; CRB check.
Must be available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week from 5am Monday, through to midnight Friday.
Driving will cover local and national travel and will require overnight stop overs. Estimated mileage 15,000 miles.
Fixed term contract for 6 months; contract £250 per week, paid monthly at the end of each month.
If you are interested please supply all of the above, along with a contact telephone number, by email.
Click apply now for contact details.
Failure to supply all of the above will result in a void application. Deadline - 2pm, Friday 13th December.

Why would you?

Hmm £50 a day to drive some stuck up ■■■■ around and be at his every call for 24 hours must be a miss print surely, maybe it meant £250 a day.

Probably ■■■■■■ em off that they cant legally superglue your hands to the wheel and feed you through a tube.

I used to get more in tips whilst chauffeuring in Dublin! :open_mouth:

■■■■■■■:
Probably ■■■■■■ em off that they cant legally superglue your hands to the wheel and feed you through a tube.

Why feed You ?

We’ve got Millions of Rumanians & Bulgarians on their way in 17 days time ! They’ll work for Peanuts !

Do what the ■■■■’s did during the 2nd world war- Work you to death, then replace you with someone else !

Not too long ago, I recall reading that The Economist magazine crowned the Bulgarians the laziest folk on the planet - and that was up against some pretty stiff competition! Not sure how in-depth and scientific the research was, but still not a very favourable indicator.

Having spent most of 2012 out there, I have gleaned no idea as to what positives they can possibly bring to our shores. We don`t need to outsource our pimps, pickpockets and dodgy builders, so we can only brace ourselves for the next tide of incoming flotsam.

I see your in preston driver1uk , did you see the ad on jobcentre website ? it came up on a search for me too and I was using "jobs within 20 miles of my postcode " Workington ■■? it could be based anywhere !

about 10 years ago i used to get £150 CiH :wink: for 3 days

taking a lady friend to see her "business contacts "

plus extras :laughing: :laughing: before and after shift :smiley:

andy187:

Or sloppy seconds as it’s known (maybe even 3rds and 4ths)

m1cks:

andy187:

Very sloppy I reckon. I hope she was discrete. :wink:

m1cks:

andy187:

that’s why i preferred to have my daily bonus at the start of shift :wink: