Driver card about to expire?

Beware, mine expired at midnight last night,
unbeknown to me the tacho ejected it sometime around then, or 1 oclock, depending on UTC time…
so I have done the rest of the shift with the card not inserted…
when I got back to base I explained that to our night shift controller…
he put the card in the downloader linked to a computer…
it hadn’t saved anything from the shift…
So tonight I am going to try to remember roughly what I did and do a manual entry on the new card…
that should get me an hours overtime…Lol

has anyone else had the same problem ?

Never had a card eject through a shift on an expiring card

Yes, when mine expired it ejected it from the machine. I had already pulled over and was ready with my new card. It was in September and also happened at 1am (12 UTC)

Trukkertone:
So tonight I am going to try to remember roughly what I did and do a manual entry on the new card…
that should get me an hours overtime…Lol

You won’t be able to manually enter the shift on your card - there’s no way to record Driving time…

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Your card won’t register any manual entry from the day before as it wasn’t valid on that date.

mine ejected at 1am this morning and it woke me up because I forgot to take it out last night and I put me new 1 in when I started this morning.
You should of been carrying your new card on you when you knew your old 1 would expire last night.

Sent from my SM-C115 using Tapatalk

do a vehicle printout, won’t show its you but will show days recording.s in print and an explanation of what it is.

How do you “not notice” it though? Wasn’t the head unit flashing away with “Driving without card” on the display and a tacho warning on the dash?

I work nights so my card ejected itself at midnight when it last expired.

But, it warns you every single day of how many days it has left before it expires. Siemens one does anyway. Did you not notice ?

I also got a reminder to renew from the authorities about 3 months before expiration and had my new card ready and waiting about 2 months before. I kept them both on me and inserted the new one as the old one ejected itself.

As has been said you won’t be able to input a manual entry onto the new driver card.

Do a vehicle printout for the shift, as you’re on nights you’ll need to do printouts for both days, write on the printouts your start and finish times, your name and an explanation then sign them.

All your activities will be on the vehicle printout so there’s no need to remember anything or write manual entries on a printout.

lizard:
mine ejected at 1am this morning and it woke me up because I forgot to take it out last night and I put me new 1 in when I started this morning.
You should of been carrying your new card on you when you knew your old 1 would expire last night.

Sent from my SM-C115 using Tapatalk

I did have my new card… i just didnt know it had spit the old one out…

Mine expires on the 25th of this month, I’ll be working nights on that day, do I just remember to be stopped just before midnight and eject it then put my new one in and carry on?

Tossitoff:
Mine expires on the 25th of this month, I’ll be working nights on that day, do I just remember to be stopped just before midnight and eject it then put my new one in and carry on?

Because we’re in BST then it will spit your card out at 1:00am. Get parked up a few minutes before and then as the clock changes just swap cards over.

You can put a manual entry (minus driving hours) on a new digicard, or at least I could with mine. My old card expired on May 5th, inserted new one and it asked for any manual entries Apr 7th to about 06.30 May 5th. I used the ? mode for Apr 7th to 11.59 on May 5th then rest until 06.30. Obviously I did the relevant manual entry on the old one until expiry.
All downloaded fine, but why did it go back to Apr 7th (the day the card was formatted)?