Driver assesment

So I passed my class 1 back at the start of july and did well on my test with only 2 minors.
Been busy working at my current job as I was tied in till the end of the summer season.
This isnt a driving job by the way.
So ive been to a few agencies and got the usual 2 years 180 etc etc but one agency has called me back and said can get round it and have asked me to attend a driving assesment day this saturday, Said it will be class room and driving. The classroom aspect will be sat and tested on drivers hours etc etc id imagine and then going out for a drive. Does anyone what i can exoect?

I did my test in a wagon and drag as the artic wasnt available but went back a couple weeks later and did a few hours in the artic including coupling/uncoupling etc. But that was the last time i drove one about 8 weeks ago. Im sure ill be alright but id rather know what to expect than not.

If its the same as the 1 did last week for my new job, it was walk round check of the unit and couple up to a trailer, check the trailer , , remember to check trailer brake is on before you go under it I nearly forgot!!!.short drive then put it on a bay then uncouple the trailer and park the unit only took 40 mins hope this helps

Jeff

Well after a mix up I ended up being told the assesment wasnt 30 miles from me but near on 60. Got there and was told the induction was an all day affair and at a later date dependant upon weather i pass driver assesment. Went through an hour and a half of company precudures and got out in a newish daf 460. First time ive ever drivern an auto. Wasnt as daunting as I expected. The assesor was a cracking bloke. Ex forces so down to earth and not a snobby office jockey as such. Said id never driven an auto wagon so he went through everything and put me at rest. Went out on the road after coupling up to a tanker. Went ok. Think the worst was whilst in the middle of neweark at a junction I turned right and just scraped the furthest rear trailer tyre on a curb but the bloke said not to worry its a bad junctio and cathces out the boys who have been doing it years. Said they dont normally take on people with less than years but his boss decided to take a punt on me subject to passing the assesment drive. So I said have I passed then he said Yeah. Chuffed really. So gotta arrange a date to go back for an 8 hour session on company polices and tests on drivers hours , working times directive etc etc. Wish me luck folks