Drive without card

So I’d finished for the day , all packed up card out and the bloody fork driver asked me pull forward to allow him access through back doors. Without thinkin I shunted about for him then locked up and off I went only realising after that it’d register as driving Without card, manual printout with explaining be sufficient or do I need to lube up and brace?

Probably wouldn’t register a minute of driving if it was just a shunt.

In any case, just say it wasn’t you.

Was it all within your yard?

It’s normal for vehicles to do yard shunting without a card in. Company tacho software can highlight “unknown driving” - but unless the vehicle is driving for several miles, nobody will be concerned.

Wasn’t so much worried about the boss, more if I get a vosa tug.

Chill mate…

Nothing will happen.

Largeperm:
So I’d finished for the day , all packed up card out and the bloody fork driver asked me pull forward to allow him access through back doors. Without thinkin I shunted about for him then locked up and off I went only realising after that it’d register as driving Without card, manual printout with explaining be sufficient or do I need to lube up and brace?

They all questioned when I got done for driving without a card in why I hadn’t just wrote on a printout , vosa etc so assuming it’s a one off you should be fine if you get pulled , bare in mind there not stupid , they even had pictures exactly where I took my card out ,everything I said they’d checked out was brought to court , they’d also spent 18 months investigating me as they didn’t believe it was a one off
So yep from what they said to me writing on a printout should be fine , just write exactly what’s happened , obviously you won’t , but I’d not make it a regular thing , 1 driving for 5/6 mins without a card in cost me £776 fine , all told it cost me £2,000 , lost time off work , fuel to court etc etc .

If you normally do a manual entry the next shift to cover the few minutes at the end of the previous shift going to office etc you’ll be OK. They’re more concerned with people pulling their cards at 13/15hrs, recording daily rest and then the vehicle showing additional driving.

There’s plenty of motors at firms with workshops on site where they get moved from where they’re parked to the workshop without the workshop putting in a workshop card. You can always tell when ours have been serviced/a fault fixed when you get in it and it flashes driving without card when you go to put yours in.

Inside the yard will be fine. I am always turning up to work in the morning and seeing that message on the tacho. If all else fails the Shaggy song says it best.

“It wasn’t me”.

Lots of yards load vehicles overnight.
DVSA arn’t going to quibble about a shunt 20 yards and back over a 3 minute period, easy to just add the extra time with your normal manual entry next working day, you do complete a manual entry?

Largeperm:

No disrespect to the people who are telling you that your fine to do this / that , but they won’t be stood there when your stood in that courtroom , it will be you / 3 judges / dvsa solicitor , clerk of the court , when you come to pay the fine they won’t be stood next to you , bank card in hand , you will be paying that fine , when the t/c sends out a letter stating her decision , the letter won’t be to those who told you it’s fine to do this / that , it will be you ,
Learn from someone who unfortunately has been there & done it , put your card in at the beginning of week & don’t take it out until you get out at the end of the week , a mistake is a mistake , but I would not drive anywhere without a card in be it road / yard / anywhere, my card goes in first thing Monday & does not come out until I finish week
Have a look through my posts of apx 5 yrs & you’ll see the trouble it caused me , 5/6 mins without a card in

our yard is so congested,if your start time is 2am,you sometimes have to move up to 6 units out of the way to get to your own! and no…we aren’t expected to put your card in each one…

dozy:

Largeperm:

No disrespect to the people who are telling you that your fine to do this / that , but they won’t be stood there when your stood in that courtroom , it will be you / 3 judges / dvsa solicitor , clerk of the court , when you come to pay the fine they won’t be stood next to you , bank card in hand , you will be paying that fine , when the t/c sends out a letter stating her decision , the letter won’t be to those who told you it’s fine to do this / that , it will be you ,
Learn from someone who unfortunately has been there & done it , put your card in at the beginning of week & don’t take it out until you get out at the end of the week , a mistake is a mistake , but I would not drive anywhere without a card in be it road / yard / anywhere, my card goes in first thing Monday & does not come out until I finish week
Have a look through my posts of apx 5 yrs & you’ll see the trouble it caused me , 5/6 mins without a card in

Why though, did you drive for 5/6 minutes without a card in, and was it 5 minutes or was it 6?

dozy:

Largeperm:

Driving in your yard is out of scope. No tacho required. You could do it for 15 hours. No printout would be required. Am I wrong?

I assume you were driving on the road? What was the reason?

Did a manual entry following day to show it as other work, as obviously can’t manual entry driving. Did a printout too with explanation just to be safe, can I chuck it after 28 days?

Largeperm:
Did a manual entry following day to show it as other work, as obviously can’t manual entry driving. Did a printout too with explanation just to be safe, can I chuck it after 28 days?

Maybe I’m the wrong bloke to comment on this mate as none of this stuff ever phases me,…
It makes me laugh (no offence) how ‘they’ have now got people ■■■■■■■■ themselves over trivial minor: (and genuine) misdemeanors.

Nothing is going to happen about it chill out, just keep your cards right the best you can, .and if you do ■■■■ up …do a printout if you feel the need.

You ARE allowed to make a minor non event error, it’s the ■■■■ taking they are more interested in.

switchlogic:

dozy:

I’d say it was attitude that caused your biggest problem rather than the actual offence.

If it was my attitude attitude , fault , why did the judge say your company has a duty of care to you & in this case they failed miserably , why did the company after investigating what had happened to me take no action against me

switchlogic:

Largeperm:
Wasn’t so much worried about the boss, more if I get a vosa tug.

If you work for a green light OCRS operator, and judging by you worrying about this I’d say you do, you almost certainly won’t get pulled.

I worked for a green light company & was pulled , only time in 20 yrs though