Drinking on nights out

Just out of interest.

Anyone here who likes a few beers when on a night out? Must have been a huge party at Toddington servies the other night because at 0700 am I pulled up to find a driver from a caravan haulage company in blackpool lobbing 15-20 empty fosters cans out of his cab window (he then proceeded to have a pee by opening the door and doing it off the top step but there’s another matter)

Ok If I’m out for a meal with some mates or whatever, but sitting in your cab on your own drinking just never really appealed to me.

Was just wondering if I’m the sad loner sitting in my cab drinking soft drinks and watching DVD’s while everyone else is boozing it up.

Depends what kind of DVD’s you are watching I guess!

Though I am not a fan of drinking myself on a night out!

we used to park at a place in great yarmouth,one night the pub across the road was closeing down so selling all drinks cheap,one driver had that much he never got out of bed till 7 the next night then stayed there all night so lost 36 hours.Good job nobody ever checked what we where doing.

I used to go for a couple of beers with other drivers from my firm when I was with my first driving job (in Lowton Labour Club off the East Lancs), but one morning we woke up to find the police waiting outside the lorry park, so I gave up on the plan after that :slight_smile:

Usually just one or two tinnies in the comfort of my traveling abode.

mr lordi:

I think that’ll be my limit now as well :slight_smile: I can’t afford to go round the pub when I’m sat at home, I sure ain’t gonna be doing it whilst I’m away…

Couple of tins or if near a pub a couple of pints go down well when the weathers good and the days are long in the summer months :smiley:

Scarab:
a driver from a caravan haulage company in blackpool lobbing 15-20 empty fosters cans out of his cab window.

Think i’d of been quite worried at the site of that :open_mouth:

Saaamon:

Scarab:
a driver from a caravan haulage company in blackpool lobbing 15-20 empty fosters cans out of his cab window.

Hey, he’s probably not doing anything wrong - keep your beak out :wink:
Sorry mate, couldn’t resist it :laughing:

The Sarge:

Saaamon:

Scarab:

It goes with out say that i’d mind my own business though lool.

Saaamon:

The Sarge:

Saaamon:

Scarab:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Saaamon:

The Sarge:

Saaamon:

Scarab:

Nicking tractor fuel and drink driving are at different ends of the spectrum mate :unamused:
Drink drivers kill, fuel thieves just end up with more money in there pocket

bubsy06:
Nicking tractor fuel and drink driving are at different ends of the spectrum mate :unamused:

Who says he was drunk? He may have had a couple of cans a night for the last fortnight, and his locker was full of empties :wink: There you go sticking your beak in on something you don’t know about - thought you didn’t care? :wink:

The Sarge:

bubsy06:

Who says he was drunk? He may have had a couple of cans a night for the last fortnight, and his locker was full of empties :wink: There you go sticking your beak in on something you don’t know about - thought you didn’t care? :wink:

If i seen a driver launching 20 empty cans out of his window I would be straight on the phone to the rozzers :wink:
Better safe than dead or without a family member

bubsy06:

The Sarge:

bubsy06:

If i seen a driver launching 20 empty cans out of his window I would be straight on the phone to the rozzers :wink:
Better safe than dead or without a family member

Nice to agree on one thread, at least :smiley:

The Sarge:

bubsy06:

Even a couple of cans would still put you over the next morning i reckon. I always leave 24hrs from my last drink untill i drive again even if i only have a couple of units.

I never drink if im driving the next day, friday and saturday are my ■■■■ up days :smiley: and boy do I make up for the missed days :laughing:

I’ll have 2 pints of lager no more, used to like a drink a lot but my livelihood is worth more to me now then a few beers :unamused: still see blokes in truckstops steaming regular and think wtf they shouldn’t be driving but I keep me sen to me sen!

Scarab:
Was just wondering if I’m the sad loner sitting in my cab drinking soft drinks and watching DVD’s while everyone else is boozing it up.

IMO its sadder and lonlier to be pished in your cab on your own. You are that bloody odd you can’t even enjoy your own conpany sober :laughing:

mr lordi:

Im same if im parked up 13/14/15hours and bored and know I wont sleep that length… But maybe only 2/3 at a push…

I wouldnt have 15/20 on a night out never mind holed in the lorry… Drinking that amount of the same drink would bore me = fall asleep.