Drink drugs policy

gogzy:
if worse comes to worse get somebody else to pee in a cup before you go to work

all ill say is just dont smoke too much if you do, best way to do it tho is buy a muffin…and eat it in about 5 mins.

just dont do it hen your walking through the airport heading for your flight, it certainly makes for an interesting flight home hahahahahahaha

not bad advice, many years ago before i left ireland to emigrate to oz, had a going away party the night before we left (yes not the smartest idea), some people happened to bring along a fair bit of green stuff, someone then baked a cake, never been so bombed out of it, and trying to not only get on a plane, but changeover at HEATHROW in that state was hell on earth, so bad i havent dared to go near heathrow since and that was 8 years ago

Rob K:

gogzy:
if your really worried about a pee test pee in a cup before you go away

Just don’t work for the stasi companies that do this BS. Simples. Seems drivers will take any BS thrown at them these days. I wonder how many drivers would agree to it if the company said that for security reasons you must be implanted with an RFID chip so we can track your whereabouts. And I bet there’d be some mugs that’d agree to it - “I’ve got nothing to hide, so why not?” :unamused:

spot on rob, like most things in life, its only a problem if you create it, or let it affect you

^

Good point, well put Mike_

Who deals with the “false positives” :question:

depablo:
Who deals with the “false positives” :question:

You can ask for the alternative sample to be tested which you give at the same time.

Does any oone of you really want to be on the road with some “spaced out of his eyeballs” idiot?

Do you really need to use it, or can you enjoy yourself without making a fanny of yourself?

Agree 100% with alcohol and drug tests, like the Swedish system, zero tolerance, need to be at least 24 hours clean of alcohol before you can be legal.
Did you ever see somebody the next morning after taking XTC, Skunk, Red lebanon etc?, the pupils in their eyes are as big as a saucers, and anybody here is gone tell me that that is healthy, great, safe and fun, get a grip take a reality pill and come back to mother earth.

Seen to much trouble caused by drugs and alcohol, good for students without the proper braincell lined up properly, after that you would like to be in control of your body and mind, I would like to think.

Or is it GREAT , like when I was on Friday night in Amsterdam and grown up man lie in the gutter wet theirselves and thaught the world was a cauliflower?

caledoniandream:
Does any oone of you really want to be on the road with some “spaced out of his eyeballs” idiot?

Do you really need to use it, or can you enjoy yourself without making a fanny of yourself?

Agree 100% with alcohol and drug tests, like the Swedish system, zero tolerance, need to be at least 24 hours clean of alcohol before you can be legal.
Did you ever see somebody the next morning after taking XTC, Skunk, Red lebanon etc?, the pupils in their eyes are as big as a saucers, and anybody here is gone tell me that that is healthy, great, safe and fun, get a grip take a reality pill and come back to mother earth.

Seen to much trouble caused by drugs and alcohol, good for students without the proper braincell lined up properly, after that you would like to be in control of your body and mind, I would like to think.

Or is it GREAT , like when I was on Friday night in Amsterdam and grown up man lie in the gutter wet theirselves and thaught the world was a cauliflower?

Nanny state…

caledoniandream:

gonna sound weird but i agree with you here, ill admit i used to smoke it, gave it up before i got my hgv licence though as i actually got bored of it…(yep a stoner bored of getting high whoda thunk it :stuck_out_tongue:)

most of my friends smoke it, i generally dont want to/cant sit around when folk are smoking lots, my friends are bad for chain smoking it so its not hard to get high off the reek. i generally don hang about with that lot much though, the folk i hang around with more smoke it but have learnt to keep it to one doob when im around unless were outside.

funnily enough i got pulled by the fuzz 2 weeks ago and accused of being high as a kite and drunk and that i was driving like an idiot…dunno when doing 25mph in a 30 limit is driving like an idiot.

btw i got breathalized and got 0.00

im sure that officer was hell bent on trying to do me for something, im sure his eyes lit u p when the police radio couldnt find me on their database…lol

Ayup,why dont the profesional drives just stick to the driving and let the stoners get on with th e smoking etc. simples :wink: when i was driving I had many a weekend in Amsterdam with out smoking at all,no problem.Now im retired and dont drive i can smoke ok . Never mix the two if youve any senseCal.Dreamer,I never look like you describe in the morning,you sound like a born again christian or something,chill out man.Like I said,NEVER mix the two and alcohol is worse maybe.And please dont anybody compain about my typung,Im not behind a steering wheel,Im stoned in my chair.All the best to you profis,just stick to the driving. Cheers Joe. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sweetleaf:
Ayup,why dont the profesional drives just stick to the driving and let the stoners get on with th e smoking etc. simples :wink: when i was driving I had many a weekend in Amsterdam with out smoking at all,no problem.Now im retired and dont drive i can smoke ok . Never mix the two if youve any sense.Dreamer,I never look like you describe in the morning,you sound like a born again christian or something,chill out man.Like I said,NEVER mix the two and alcohol is worse maybe.And please dont anybody compain about my typung,Im not behind a steering wheel,Im stoned in my chair.All the best to you profis,just stick to the driving. Cheers Joe. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mphcdn.jpg

gogzy:

sweetleaf:
Ayup,why dont the profesional drives just stick to the driving and let the stoners get on with th e smoking etc. simples :wink: when i was driving I had many a weekend in Amsterdam with out smoking at all,no problem.Now im retired and dont drive i can smoke ok . Never mix the two if youve any sense.Dreamer,I never look like you describe in the morning,you sound like a born again christian or something,chill out man.Like I said,NEVER mix the two and alcohol is worse maybe.And please dont anybody compain about my typung,Im not behind a steering wheel,Im stoned in my chair.All the best to you profis,just stick to the driving. Cheers Joe. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Close,but Im in my 60s(years old that is :wink: )a few grey hairs,but still long .cheers Joe.

Rob K:

caledoniandream:

Nanny state…

No I don’t think Nanny State, I agree with the Dutch to allow it (it’s actually not legal) but I think everything has it’s place.
And yes Sweetleaf that is exactly what I mean,don’t mix driving and drugs.
And I’m a big believer that people should make their own decisions what they smoke, drink, inject, sniff, stick up their backside etc., as long as it doesn’t affect me.
And that is where these drug test come in, If somebody “spaced out” with a 44 tonne runs over you car and take both your legs of, would you still think Nanny State Rob■■?
And if it’s in your system, it affects you, Rob you think people with a psychological problem should take the bus, and don’t drive, but people who have their brain under influence of a substance should be able to drive?
Not happy with that.
In Holland they do substantial Drugs test if you have a serious RTA and no there is no set limit (zero is the law) because drugs can influence everybody in a different way, my missus need to inject morphine, the amount she uses would probably stop my heart or something, but it let her function in normal life (no driving) so where to set the limit?
And no I’m not a reborn Christian, but maybe you should have a look at any backstreet in the big cities, and see al these people who do great on drugs, who really made something of their life…not.
And yes I tried the stuff (come original from Holland so it’s cheap to get), I’m sure my kids tried it, but sense came in and never looked back.

caledoniandream:

Rob K:

caledoniandream:

Nanny state…

No I don’t think Nanny State, I agree with the Dutch to allow it (it’s actually not legal) but I think everything has it’s place.
And yes Sweetleaf that is exactly what I mean,don’t mix driving and drugs.
And I’m a big believer that people should make their own decisions what they smoke, drink, inject, sniff, stick up their backside etc., as long as it doesn’t affect me.
And that is where these drug test come in, If somebody “spaced out” with a 44 tonne runs over you car and take both your legs of, would you still think Nanny State Rob■■?
And if it’s in your system, it affects you, Rob you think people with a psychological problem should take the bus, and don’t drive, but people who have their brain under influence of a substance should be able to drive?
Not happy with that.
In Holland they do substantial Drugs test if you have a serious RTA and no there is no set limit (zero is the law) because drugs can influence everybody in a different way, my missus need to inject morphine, the amount she uses would probably stop my heart or something, but it let her function in normal life (no driving) so where to set the limit?
And no I’m not a reborn Christian, but maybe you should have a look at any backstreet in the big cities, and see al these people who do great on drugs, who really made something of their life…not.
And yes I tried the stuff (come original from Holland so it’s cheap to get), I’m sure my kids tried it, but sense came in and never looked back.

Oh do me a favour and spare me the melodramatics Frans :unamused: . Everyone uses that argument to justify their case and it’s so old old old…

Simple facts are that there are tons of unfit people driving vehicles that shouldn’t be. Are they going to start testing people’s eyesight to weed out those that can’t see past the end of their bonnets? No. Are they going to start testing people for anxiety/panic attacks? No. Are they going to testing everyone over 60 that have the reactions of a snail? No. Are they going to start testing the boy-racers with the wet ink licences to make sure they are actually capable of driving at less than 100mph? No.

Fair enough for the police to test you if you’re involved in an accident, but employers testing you? No way, not before or after. That’s just taking the ■■■■. If they don’t trust you to do the job you’re employed to do without thinking you’re sky high on drugs or drink then they either shouldn’t have emploed you in the first place or simply sack you. You want your cake and eat it and that’s out of order. You’re either trusted to do the job or you’re not.

Rob K:
Oh do me a favour and spare me the melodramatics Frans :unamused: . Everyone uses that argument to justify their case and it’s so old old old…

think_of_the_children.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Just thought I would throw the other favourite one into the mix. :wink:

:smiley:

I should’ve just posted this and been done with it:

Must admit, I don’t have a problem with employers doing drink/drug testing.
We have random testing at work, ive been tested once, and was tested after I was involved in an accident.
I would also agree with random eye tests.