Drink/Drug Testing

have had them at previous places and they are thinking of doing it at my current place, due to a driver constantly stinking of booze…

but I also know a lass who got the sack for failing a drugs test where she worked, a well known east coast caravan park, her job was a caravan cleaner??

Going back 3 years,a bloke at work was tested in the morning…2 times over the limit!!!He could have gone out and killed someone…still a bad idea■■?

Sacked him on the spot,he went to stobbarts they smelt drink on him one morning,tested and sacked.

He ended up working as a car park attendant til his Alcholism killed him,he was a cracking bloke tooo,such a shame.

i don’t knoiw if i want it at my p;lace they might catch on to my coke habit :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

on 10 cans a day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ckm1981:
Going back 3 years,a bloke at work was tested in the morning…2 times over the limit!!!He could have gone out and killed someone…still a bad idea■■?

Sacked him on the spot,he went to stobbarts they smelt drink on him one morning,tested and sacked.

He ended up working as a car park attendant til his Alcholism killed him,he was a cracking bloke tooo,such a shame.

Statistically you are more likley to be killed by a sober copper or soldier than a drunken lorry driver.

Mike-C:

ckm1981:

Statistically you are more likley to be killed by a sober copper or soldier than a drunken lorry driver.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

What constitutes reasonable suspicion though? Turning up and saying so can’t be, surely? We’ve had a policy in writing but I’ve not been asked to sign anything, nor will I (and I dont drink during the week and I wouldn’t know where to get the white stuff anywhere around here…)

When I worked on the Police recovery contract I’d be called out at all times of day & night. I especially remember being engaged in conversations in the early hours by our glorious boys in blue, right up in your face type conversations, small talk about nothing, but still right up in your face.

It didn’t take me long to realise they were sniffing for alcohol, so sometimes I used to swig a mouthwash before I jumped into the cab, that used to confuse the [zb] !

Sometimes, they were too pi$$ed themselves to even bother.

I’ll take anyones drink or drug test, but I also value my privacy to an extent that maybe the droid asking me to provide a sample doesn’t think exists.

We have it over here, it’s law and you can’t start at a firm until you pass a ■■■■ test, completely bolloxed up my leaving England ■■■■ up I gotta tell ya :laughing:

newmercman:
We have it over here, it’s law and you can’t start at a firm until you pass a ■■■■ test, completely bolloxed up my leaving England ■■■■ up I gotta tell ya :laughing:

Pmsl :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Coffeeholic:
You tease.

I read the title and thought you were looking for people to test various drink and drugs. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Then I read the content. :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Heroin is too expensive and crack is too moorish IMHO.

I now only stick to having about 10 expressos with a splash of methodone a day , its cheap and easier

to obtain on the street.

As alluded to on another post I’m more of a ketamine man myself. Although falling into a K Hole when your driving can be a bit dangerous. :wink:

But I find MDMA very handy for those 40 hour shifts

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: thats is my worst nightmare , falling into a K Hole .

Ketamine I never really got on with to be honest although easy to obtain on the streets of Newmarket

from one of the little people or failing that one of the mullet wearing cabbies.

Tango and meth sees me through two shifts for one deal no probs.

Drink testing is fair enough but if you smoke 1 joint it can test positive for months after which would be a bit harsh losing your job over…

Random testing is done at our factory and covers all personel i have been tested a couple of times simple in private I see no problem as it also makes you aware that if you have had a skin full the night before not to get behind the wheel or be in control of machinery.
I know of one of our customers in Sweden who have fitted to the trucks and vans and reps cars alco meters where the driver has to breath through a small tube before the ignition will operate.
I also thought I have read somewhere that one of the main fuel tanker fleets have this as well.
Crispie

Silver_Surfer:
Drink testing is fair enough but if you smoke 1 joint it can test positive for months after which would be a bit harsh losing your job over…

There’s a wee trick that helps ya dodge that bullet…don’t smoke weed!

switchlogic:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Coffeeholic:
You tease.

I read the title and thought you were looking for people to test various drink and drugs. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I now only stick to having about 10 expressos with a splash of methodone a day , its cheap and easier

to obtain on the street.

As alluded to on another post I’m more of a ketamine man myself. Although falling into a K Hole when your driving can be a bit dangerous. :wink:

I did wonder why your videos were getting longer.

charliebear:

switchlogic:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Coffeeholic:
You tease.

to obtain on the street.

I did wonder why your videos were getting longer.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And the tick you have developed possibley due to the fear of falling into a K Hole :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know I shouldnt laugh at that but I do everytime I see it. :laughing:

Our company have a policy of random testing, but as all drivers are home based the only ones tested as a rule are those in the main office.
I don’t have a problem with testing and if our company thought to test me off site on starting a shift, bearing in mind our trailers are all worth 1,000,000 or more I would be happy to comply, they pay a reasonable salary, and have the right to know you are meeting your conditions of employment.
However I would stongly argue that to test me during a rest period would be a breech of both my rights, and the law as a rest break is defined as being free to do as you please.
I would rather hear a driver has been disipined or maybe sacked at 0600 than a multiple fatal accident at 0800 that will affect families for life, and inconvieniance 1000’s of motorists that day

If you have nothing to hide…I don’t see the problem. Bring it on. :unamused:

switchlogic:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Coffeeholic:
You tease.

to obtain on the street.

I just made the mistake of reading one of princesses rambles and it

threw me into a k hole , all for free.

We like him don’t we? :wink: :laughing:

bigvern1:
We like him don’t we? :wink: :laughing:

Yea i would like to give “him” such a cuddle , bless “his” little white cotton socks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: