Drink Driving Trucker banned and jailed

heard about this yesterday, so i thought i would share,
personally , I think he should be banned for life for ever driving an HGV again,

DRINK-DRIVING TRUCKER CAUGHT ON M6 NEAR CARLISLE JAILED
Last updated at 13:16, Wednesday, 25 February 2015
A lorry driver seen weaving across the lanes of the M6 near Carlisle has been jailed for four months.

At the city’s magistrates’ court today, Martin Tazky, from Slovakia, admitted drink-driving and a second offence of dangerous driving.

He was more than three times over the drink-drive limit, the court heard.

Tazky was stopped in his lorry on the northbound M6 near Todhills by officers from VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) on Monday at around 4.45pm.

District judge Gerald Chalk also banned him from driving in the UK for 27 months.

Read the full story in tomorrow’s News & Star.

Not just HGV’s,convicted drunk drivers should be banned from driving ALL vehicles

It’s Still in there. Any new starts looking for a run to Slovakia?

The-Snowman:
Not just HGV’s,convicted drunk drivers should be banned from driving ALL vehicles

Their are two sorts of drink drivers. Those who have made a error of judgment and those who just don’t give a stuff for the law.

Why should a mistake say in you’re 20’s cost you ever driving any vehicle again?

Do agree if someone is driving a truck and caught well over the limit, ie didn’t give a stuff for the law then yes they should be banned from driving trucks for life.

He will just go back to Slovakia and apply for another licence with a slightly different spelling and be back over here for the summer,the laws becoming a joke in the uk,these eastern block trucks wouldn’t dare flout the driving laws in Germany/France/Spain like they do over here,yesterday on the M4 through the roadworks at j17 there were 4 of them running together with a ■■■ paper between them and when the car in the middle lane wouldn’t move out of there way they just pulled into the 3rd lane flat out.

ajt:

The-Snowman:

Their are two sorts of drink drivers. Those who have made a error of judgment and those who just don’t give a stuff for the law.

Why should a mistake say in you’re 20’s cost you ever driving any vehicle again?

Do agree if someone is driving a truck and caught well over the limit, ie didn’t give a stuff for the law then yes they should be banned from driving trucks for life.

About 7 years ago, I was at the traffic commissioners for a hearing, there was a guy in beforehand who applied for his C+E Entitlement back after being caught drink driving 2 or 3 times previously. I sat through it as it was an open hearing, somehow the TC granted it on a “Final Warning” :unamused: :imp:

Three times over the limit is way beyond what anyone can call a “■■■■-up” or “error of judgement”.

It’s a deliberate act, not giving a ■■■■ in this case about the laws of the land you’ve chosen to live and work in.

‘Jail’ seems right and proper for this kind of offence. Employers already won’t touch people who have DD endorsements, so let the system take it’s course with regards to “rehabilitation”…

An error of judgement is forgetting to put sugar in your cup of tea. Deciding to drink 2/3/4 pints whatever,and get into your vehicle and drive, is not. Everyone is aware that your concentration is impaired when alcohol is consumed.

Therefore,a person who drinks,and then decides its ok to drive, has decided that his/her opinion is far more valuable than the safety of other people who could be anyones family member on here.

Drink drivers are scum.

This guy deserved it, no question. However, in yesterdays news a guy was 3 times over the limit, crashed his car, had 7 previous driving convictions, but was spared jail because
“He’d found his faith in being a Muslim”… Seems one law for one, but not if your from a particular religion. They both were 3 times over the limit, so should have suffered the same penalty… British justice at its best… :unamused:

Truckers always get shafted more because we are “professionals”

ajt:

The-Snowman:

When you say error of judgement do you mean drinking at night then being slightly over next morning? A lifetime ban for that is,I agree, harsh and unfair. If you mean downed drinks and drove home bladdered,even if its the first time, then I stand by my comment. Maybe not a suspended license but it getting revoked and forced to tke another extended test would be a compromise in some circumstances rather than a complete blanket ban. But I have no sympathy for anyone caught drink driving even if it is a first offense
And if someone is willing to get behind the wheel of 44 tonnes when drunk,why should they still be allowed to drive a car or van? They have shown a disregard for other peoples safety on the road.

bobdebouwer:
Truckers always get shafted more because we are “professionals”

Yes where does the ‘‘professional’’ thing come from? Is it from driving as a job, some sales reps would do as many miles.

Fergie47:
This guy deserved it, no question. However, in yesterdays news a guy was 3 times over the limit, crashed his car, had 7 previous driving convictions, but was spared jail because
“He’d found his faith in being a Muslim”… Seems one law for one, but not if your from a particular religion. They both were 3 times over the limit, so should have suffered the same penalty… British justice at its best… :unamused:

shouldn’t muslims be abstaining from alcohol■■?.looks like hes a bit late in finding his fate…

dieseldog999:

Fergie47:

shouldn’t muslims be abstaining from alcohol■■?.looks like hes a bit late in finding his fate…

He did obstain… from having a driving licence and insurance…and still got no custodial sentence. You’re only a " professionals driver" when it suits the system, usually getting more points, longer bans, higher fines…

Sales reps don’t have to pass numerous tests to be bellends. It comes natural to them.

eagerbeaver:
Sales reps don’t have to pass numerous tests to be bellends. It comes natural to them.

And quite a few truckers

the professional idea comes into play when your getting done for something and they like to make a point to belittle you more than the norm whether it be vosa,plod,or the judge…as soon as your not getting done,then any professionalism that you my think you have,dosent count and gets ignored…

The dog that aint petrol makes a cynical point. I believe he is correct though.

dieseldog999:
the professional idea comes into play when your getting done for something and they like to make a point to belittle you more than the norm whether it be vosa,plod,or the judge…as soon as your not getting done,then any professionalism that you my think you have,dosent count and gets ignored…

Yes, I see where your coming from there :laughing:

dieseldog999:

This is the truth!