Drink driving in france

One of our drivers got pulled and was twice over there legal limit,he reckons he just got a fine? and is waiting for his licence back from the french police.He also thinks he will only get up to a three month ban in france?.
Is this correct?,will this affect his licence in the uk?.
Any ideas anybody??
P.S. Yes i do think this driver is a nob for doing it,anybody that dd’s should have there licence taken away for a very long time.

Don’t know mate tbh but I tried one of them French breathlizers the other day and fought I was well over but it didn’t even show alcahol at all .

Speaking from experience here old bean, just to clairfy your friend is a complete tool and deserves to be banned!

I truly hope this assists in answering your question.

I don’t know how much he was over, but the limit in France is far lower than the UK and I believe it’s even lower for driver of commercial vehicles, So it might be at easier to slip up especially if you’ve indulged in a bit of vino the evening before. I’m in no way a heavy drinker, but it does worry me how much will show up the next morning.

I believe it is 0.2 for drivers of commercial vehicles which is a quarter of the UK limit.

Sir Bertie:
Speaking from experience here old bean.

Perhaps you’d better explain just how the [zb] a plastic lego head has experience of drink, or driving an LGV, let alone combining the two in a foreign country ?

Simon:

Sir Bertie:

Perhaps you’d better explain just how the [zb] a plastic lego head has experience of drink, or driving an LGV, let alone combining the two in a foreign country ?

I’m sure some new reader’s will wonder what wtf you’re on about. :smiley:

Simon:

Sir Bertie:

We’re you a deprived child?
Lego make cars, Lego make cups, hence drinking and driving.

I know in a car if you are over the limit but under another amount it’s just a fine no ban.

An old hand euro driver that I used to work with told me that he always kept hold of his reciept after a les routiers lunch, maybe not now but years ago, if you got pulled by the gendarme and they smelled alcohol, you showed the receipt for the meal and they let you on your way as it was acceptable for drivers to have a glass or two of vin with their lunch as it was a French way of life.

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
An old hand euro driver that I used to work with told me that he always kept hold of his reciept after a les routiers lunch, maybe not now but years ago, if you got pulled by the gendarme and they smelled alcohol, you showed the receipt for the meal and they let you on your way as it was acceptable for drivers to have a glass or two of vin with their lunch as it was a French way of life.

Yes, they were always prepared to turn a blind eye to those who had a drink or 3 with their lunch, as you said it was and still is to a lesser degree a way of life.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

I’ve heard this tale before on a number of occasions admitedly around 15 years ago. Knowing the French attitudes to food and drink I can quite believe it as well.

I don’t doubt that it was probably true some years ago but I don’t think it would wash in these days of “that’ll be 3000 euros si’vous plait”.

Cheers
Neilf
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

plastic lego head, pmsl

snoopnosepreedletot:

Simon:

Sir Bertie:

A valid point mate :slight_smile:
Sir Bertie is the plastic lego head mascot, in the cab of Luke, another of our members.
The person who has registered as Sir Bertie isn’t Luke, as far as I know, so it’'s being done as a wind-up.

Sir Bertie:

Lego make plastic items. Alcohol melts plastic!
No I wasn’t deprived, I had a huge bag of Lego bricks.
I’m roughly 50 years older than you though.

Simon:

snoopnosepreedletot:

Simon:

Sir Bertie:

Sir Bertie is the plastic lego head mascot, in the cab of Luke, another of our members.
The person who has registered as Sir Bertie isn’t Luke, as far as I know, so it’'s being done as a wind-up.

Sir Bertie:

you’re roughly 50 years older than everyone :sunglasses:

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

if he does get a ban in france, it won’t effect him back in the uk.
but he’ll have to pay the fine or he could end up arrested at home due to the european arrest warrent malarky.

Simon:

Maybe that experience he refers to is from observing his host? :smiley:

orys:

Simon:

Maybe that experience he refers to is from observing his host? :smiley:

That’s a possibility Orys :smiley:

Simon:

snoopnosepreedletot:

Simon:

Sir Bertie:

Sir Bertie:

Excuse me Mr Know-It-All, I drink wine and beer from my plastic Lego cup on a regular basis, and it’s not yet melted!!
Your move bearded buffoon

Sir Bertie:
Excuse me Mr Know-It-All, I drink wine and beer from my plastic Lego cup on a regular basis, and it’s not yet melted!!
Your move bearded buffoon

Well done :exclamation: