Dress sense.

Rob K:
Interesting. A rant about appearance eh. This coming from the same person that has an out of control forest growing on his dial and isn’t familiar with the words “shaver”, “razor” or “beard trimmer”.

Ok if you insist.

Proper workwear for me unless working for Ginsters or UPS, yuk, but thread got me thinking of times gone by in a border q or on the train when I’d try to guess a drivers nationality by his attire, the Turk in brown suit and pointy shoes, Spanish frigo dvr in immaculate faded jeans and sensible shoes,never gets dirty, the Henk in loud shirt and either trainers or some ridiculous truckstop clogs, the Paddy with truck dealer supplied jacket and Derby boots and the englander in ckeck shirt and rigger boots, unless working for up market side of things like shiny wheels from Reading then its a polo shirt with name on, seen the odd Swiss looking like he’s lost his horse and of course WBIS’s favourite the flip flop brigade. Did recently tip in NETTO Køge alongside a Trans Cargo Pole wearing a full black tie dinner outfit and winkle pickers. V strange indeed.

maurice:
Uniforms don’t make a scruffy person non scruffy. You can’t polish a turd so a slob will always be a slob regardless of the attire. A uniform may look more presentable when it is perfectly clean, ironed and wore correctly. But give it to a scruffy lard arse and it’s covered in half his dinner, wrinkled to [zb] and his arse crack is permanently shown.

Someone who can wear a clean uniform and look after his appearance will usually do the same with his own clothes. There’s no excuse for being permanently scruffy, we do get mucked up from time to time but that’s why we carry far more clean clothes than we actually need.

So, let me get this straight, a tailered suit won’t automatically make a scruffy ■■■■ look like a business man?

short walk:
Proper workwear for me unless working for Ginsters or UPS, yuk, but thread got me thinking of times gone by in a border q or on the train when I’d try to guess a drivers nationality by his attire, the Turk in brown suit and pointy shoes, Spanish frigo dvr in immaculate faded jeans and sensible shoes,never gets dirty, the Henk in loud shirt and either trainers or some ridiculous truckstop clogs, the Paddy with truck dealer supplied jacket and Derby boots and the englander in ckeck shirt and rigger boots, unless working for up market side of things like shiny wheels from Reading then its a polo shirt with name on, seen the odd Swiss looking like he’s lost his horse and of course WBIS’s favourite the flip flop brigade. Did recently tip in NETTO Køge alongside a Trans Cargo Pole wearing a full black tie dinner outfit and winkle pickers. V strange indeed.

I playthat game as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: guess the nationality by the way they dress.
never knew what those boots were called that all the irish have but now i do :smiley:
nearly all the spanish dress the same but who knows whats going on with the french, they are notorious in general for having no fashion sense whatsoever :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i used to work for a large building company in the east end of glasgow, and all the mechanics and plant ops and truck drivers all had to wear something of the company uniform, be it a jumper, t-shirt, fleece or boilersuit, it was company policy and tbh it looks a bit smart.

switchlogic:

Wheel Nut:
I don’t like uniforms, in the sense they are all the same.

I much prefer the tidy casual look that you see on the continent. I remember you mentioning Dutch truck drivers recently, :stuck_out_tongue:

they also manage to look professional in casual clothes

I agree with this. For myself I don’t like uniforms either. I wear casual clothes all the time and like to think I look smart. They are always clean. Dark jeans and polos or shirts. It’s really not hard to look tidy.

Oh yes and young dutch drivers dressed in G Star clothes :wink:

Oh no no no no that’s so last year, darling :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wear a shirt with the company name on, a (clip on) navy blue tie, some trousers that are the first out of the wardrobe, and my Legoland baseball cap (the sun blinds on our coaches are crap) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

uniforms…Bad idea … i once watched a old black and white movie from the 1920’s when all the children were wearing the same uniform, but it was hard to understand it because the narration was in German :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

switchlogic:
If we want to be treated like professionals then it’s high time we acted like them.

Exactly, thing is the same people who look scruffy and think uniform/smart clothes is optional also moan about the pay. Cant have it both ways.

DAF95XF:
I wear a shirt with the company name on, a (clip on) navy blue tie, some trousers that are the first out of the wardrobe, and my Legoland baseball cap (the sun blinds on our coaches are crap) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are epaulettes an option as well? And I bet you wear shiny shoes with White socks !

I was at a customers recently. One of our drivers was there in his company t-shirt and a pair of jeans. The despatch manager came out of the office and commented how nice it was to see a driver in a shirt and trousers. The trousers were £15 from M&S and the shirt was from a charity shop!!! Goes to prove looking smart does not cost a lot and also proves that a company uniform will not look smart on someone who is naturally scruffy!

our company supply us with polo shirts with the company name and our name on(incase we forget) most of the places we go shorts are banned so i personally dont wear them, the thing take gets my back up is when you see a driver get out of his truck with an old pair of jogging bottoms on, when you can see he has never jogged or been to a gym in his life and they are hanging half way down his ■■■. i think people should look presentable when working, it sets a bad image. if you cant be bothered what are your customers going to think of the company you work for, they cant be bothered either, if you aint got customers you aint got a job so to look presentable is in everyones interest. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

My company issue shorts but i think they look daft with boots, id wear them if i could wear trainers. Luke i think ive only seen you in a uniform once(polo) in your videos. Im not saying you look like a jakeball but you wear civi clothes what sort of impression does that give to your customers that you dont give a hee hoe :laughing:

Drivers that wear those joggers and the t-shirt 2 sizes too small with the belly hanging they give me anguish.

merc0447:
My company issue shorts but i think they look daft with boots, id wear them if i could wear trainers. Luke i think ive only seen you in a uniform once(polo) in your videos. Im not saying you look like a jakeball but you wear civi clothes what sort of impression does that give to your customers that you dont give a hee hoe :laughing:

Drivers that wear those joggers and the t-shirt 2 sizes too small with the belly hanging they give me anguish.

I don’t need a company polo to look smart, in fact I look a lot smarter in my preferred shirt, a SuperDry black polo, because they are better quality and a much better fit. Compared to most of the drivers in places I go it’s actually quite the opposite, I look like the only one who gives a ■■■■ about my appearance.

we are provided with a uniform of blue fruit of the loom polo shirts, blue f o l jumpers and blue work trousers. We are allowed shorts as long as they are tailored navy blue ones although we must carry a pair of trousers in case of a drop that requires covered skin.

i {zb} drive in my birthday suite. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

switchlogic:
I look like the only one who gives a ■■■■ about my appearance.

thats rich coming from you after that top hat at glastonbury :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jimboy124:

DAF95XF:

Are epaulettes an option as well? And I bet you wear shiny shoes with White socks !

No epaulettes, and my shoes are far from shiny, in fact they are coated in dust, and my socks are black :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And just for Coffees sake, no I dont wear a bluetooth headset thingy :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

jimboy124:

DAF95XF:

No epaulettes, and my shoes are far from shiny, in fact they are coated in dust, and my socks are black :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And just for Coffees sake, no I dont wear a bluetooth headset thingy :laughing: :laughing:

after seeing photographic evidence on another forum he also wears a flashers mac while on the buses :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

switchlogic:
I look like the only one who gives a ■■■■ about my appearance.

thats rich coming from you after that top hat at glastonbury :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How dare you, are you saying a top hat is not giving a ■■■■? How very very dare you. I put a lot of thought into that outfit! :wink: