Dreaded DCPC training

I am becoming rather concerned that I am unable to get myself a place on this ■■■■ course.
Having spent hours contacting training providers an d getting little or no response, I am now no further forard than when I first started looking.Do any of you folks have any clues as to where I might find a local course,(Norfolk)sometime before hell freezes over? :imp: :smiling_imp: :open_mouth:

Someone posted a link not long ago on here saying that there isn’t going to be enough course places for the amount of drivers by deadline day.

You might need to travel to find a course which incurs yet more expense :confused:

However, you’ve still got 4 years to get those 5 days training in. Don’t sweat it just yet :sunglasses: .

You did not say which part of Norfolk so I chose Norwich

JAUPT Approved centres
Norfolk Training Services Ltd 01603 259900 James Mason Norwich LGV;PCV
Norman Secker Transport Training 01603 860614 Norman Secker Norwich LGV;PCV
Norse Commercial Services Ltd 01603 894304 Kevin Reynolds Norwich LGV;PCV

THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC
hope these help a bit

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I have tried the contacts for Norwich,my area,but have either received no response or been told they will contact me as and when courses become available.
What I was looking to do was find and enrol on one course and then hopefully use the same provider until I either retire or go into a different trade, and believe me the later seems to be the direction I am more inclined to follow.
I have been in and around this industry for the largest part of my life,the best part of 50 years,and believe me,as most of you probably do,it is becoming harder as time passes to motivate myself to continue in an industry where we are regulated and monitored to such an extent that the monitors and regulators make honest hardworking folk feel as though they are an infection in a lab waiting to be cured.
Sunday morning rant over,gonna do something worthwhile now,like sit in the garden and pull the wings off insects.
:laughing:

Is Guyhirn too far away for you :wink:

Pat

bloodoodle:
Is Guyhirn too far away for you :wink:

Pat

If it is at the moment I think the distance may become less in direct proportion to the closer we get to 2014. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Have flipchart will travel :wink: :wink:

Pat

Having spoken to a couple of Periodic DCPC providers it seems to me that they are only putting on courses which they know they will fill. One particular provider puts on a course about every five weeks, although he is in a position to provide courses almost everyday, if he had the participants. Another is happy to put on a course for us whenever we have sufficient numbers of drivers wanting one.

Accordingly, and looking at JAUPT registered course providers, I have deduced that there is no shortage of potential courses or course providers - indeed there are far too many chasing too few interested participants.

Simply, if a group of drivers (say 15) got together they could get a course provided whenever it suited them. However if you don’t have enough ‘mates’, then you have to wait until a provider decides they might fill a course.

I believe there is no point in us going to the trouble of registering to provide our own courses when we can ‘buy in’ suitable courses.

cliffb:
I have been in and around this industry for the largest part of my life,the best part of 50 years,

If you are thinking of packing in commercial LGV driving at or before 09/09/2014 then you need do NOTHING about the Dcpc as your aquired/grandfather rights will see you through to that date.

Some valid points made.
I have found most of these issues arising,mainly where courses are being made available but not filled due to lack of candidates(that puts me in the no mates category).
Guyhirn is not too far to travel for me.
I am ‘considering’ leaving the industry, only because ‘the times,they are a changing’ and not for the better.

I live between Perth and Stirling and have asked to be informed about courses in those areas ,but they dont come up very often. Perth college is JAUPT approved but a few of their courses have been pulled at short notice,due to lack of interest.

If you want to PM me cliffb, I will make contact with you and can give you a firm date that WON’T be cancelled. I don’t work like that!

Pat

I’m just not going to do it, nobody will pay for me to do it and I’m not going to lay out my own money to be told how to drive a truck by someone who has never even been inside one, so I’ll just go on the Dole and the State can keep me :wink:

Harry Monk:
I’m just not going to do it, nobody will pay for me to do it and I’m not going to lay out my own money to be told how to drive a truck by someone who has never even been inside one, so I’ll just go on the Dole and the State can keep me :wink:

Like with other certifications etc. Do you reckon the Dole will eventually pay for a driver to do his CPC if its the only thing keeping them from having a job? I reckon they would

Scarab:

Harry Monk:

Like with other certifications etc. Do you reckon the Dole will eventually pay for a driver to do his CPC if its the only thing keeping them from having a job? I reckon they would

Well, someone will have to pay for it because I am sure as ■■■■ not going to :wink:

The Scots and the Welsh have a government scheme whereby we are ENTITLED to £200. for career development.The English could go independent and sort out something similar.What have you got to lose?

alamcculloch:
The Scots and the Welsh have a government scheme whereby we are ENTITLED to £200. for career development.The English could go independent and sort out something similar.What have you got to lose?

It’s a good idea, but most of our taxes go towards paying for development in Scotland and Wales and so there isn’t much left over for us. We all wish it was different but we have only just got rid of Gordon Brown and things will take time to change.

i’m not doing the Dcpc out of pricipal. if i get nicked for driving without it, then that’s the way it is.

limeyphil:
i’m not doing the Dcpc out of pricipal. if i get nicked for driving without it, then that’s the way it is.

I think there was another post which stated it was a level 3 (£1,000) fine and no driving LGVs from that point on so another LGV driver would need to take over the truck - is it worth it ■■?