Drawbar trailers in laybys

I regularly leave my drawbar trailer for days on end aal ower the shop and the only thing I’ve had nicked in over 20 years is a wheel chock in Holland a couple of years ago.

Wouldn’t leave my trailer anywhere in England overnight, though but…

bubsy06:

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

Grayham:
On the few occassions i have to leave my trailer in a layby (usually i try to drop it as close to the site as possible) i take the suzies and the airline off and take them with me, makes it harder to steal if you dont have the right fittings :smiley:

Now on the subject of parking in front of trailers although i cant condone it i can see why this happens, if the trailer has been left slap bang in the middle of busy layby then your just asking for trouble. I always try to leave mine at the very end of the layby, hopefully a quiet one, leaving just enough space in front for me to squeeze in and hitch up.

Despite this i have returned on the odd occassion to find a car parked in front, even though there’s plenty of space behind :imp:

thats the way to do it, stops me from parking my artic in front :laughing:

Perhaps when said driver left his trailer “slap bang in the middle of the layby” it was the only space available ?
Imo , If half the drivers could park properly, there would be twice as many spaces.

its the car drivers that [zb] it up, they never park as far forward as they can

Tap on the window and ask him/her to move up a bit . . . simples

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

Grayham:
On the few occassions i have to leave my trailer in a layby (usually i try to drop it as close to the site as possible) i take the suzies and the airline off and take them with me, makes it harder to steal if you dont have the right fittings :smiley:

Now on the subject of parking in front of trailers although i cant condone it i can see why this happens, if the trailer has been left slap bang in the middle of busy layby then your just asking for trouble. I always try to leave mine at the very end of the layby, hopefully a quiet one, leaving just enough space in front for me to squeeze in and hitch up.

Despite this i have returned on the odd occassion to find a car parked in front, even though there’s plenty of space behind :imp:

Perhaps when said driver left his trailer “slap bang in the middle of the layby” it was the only space available ?
Imo , If half the drivers could park properly, there would be twice as many spaces.

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

Grayham:

I park in front and start reversing, they soon move :laughing:

Suedehead:

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

Grayham:

Tap on the window and ask him/her to move up a bit . . . cant see them needing a 9 hr /quote]
Weve all gone to park thinking “why hasnt that ■■■■ parked closer to the truck in front”
Perhaps theres a gap because the one that was parked between them has ■■■■■■ off !! ?

What I’m reading here is just typical of the british attitude to other people. Lorry drivers complain about car drivers because they park in laybys so far apart that they block lorries from getting in, Artic drivers complain about drags being left in laybys, its all about a lack of understanding of what other people are doing.

The car drivers dont realise that lorries need large spaces to fit into laybys, artic drivers don’t understand that wagons can’t always take the drag into wherever deliveries and collections need to be made so need to leave the drag somewhere to be able to do their job.

Trouble is the ■■■■ you jack I’m alright attitude that I’m seeing on here. Ha Ha Ha I’ll block you from getting your drag back :imp: , what a bunch of selfish tossers, Hope you get blocked in somewhere by an ■■■■■■■■ with the same attitude.

I have read this like a supermarket versus a fridge driver, the supermarket driver does a changeover whilst shouting about football or the local dogging site to his opposite number, while the fridge driver has left his engine on stop/start.

People drop articulated trailers all over the shop, yet no one has started a thread about them.

Is it because I is black?

No it is because they are a minority, like dwarfs, Jews, gay people and Scania drivers

Muckaway:
On this subject, when I’m due a break, don’t think a few cones will stop me parking infront of the trailer…

Having read loads of posts from Muckaway, me thinks he has an attitude problem…perhaps he had a bad childhood and got no love or attention from his parents!

frankybaby:

Muckaway:
On this subject, when I’m due a break, don’t think a few cones will stop me parking infront of the trailer…

Having read loads of posts from Muckaway, me thinks he has an attitude problem…perhaps he had a bad childhood and got no love or attention from his parents!

Plenty of attention; spent most of my time with Dad doing the same job as I do now for the same firm :smiley: :smiley: No attitude, I’m home every night on a better hourly rate than many drivers on nights away, 3 bedroom house 10 minutes cycle ride from work and I’m under no pressure from planners, vosa etc :laughing:
And I don’t give a (zb)ck if I have to drive a dirty lorry that’s not under 3 years old :laughing:

It’s the attitude thing again, as with most things that ■■■■ people off :unamused:

It makes sense to leave the drag behind at times, both for the driver and the company, but it does inconvience others if not done properly. Ideally the drag should be dropped right at the end of the layby so that it takes up the least amount of room possible, after all, a layby is for temporary parking so that people can take a break whilst on their journey, so strictly speaking a dropped trailer has no place in one, but we all have a job to do, so condieration is required from both sides :bulb:

If the drag is dropped and the only ■■■■■■■■■■■■ left is in front of it, I’d move the cones, park, then replace the cones when I left. If the driver turned up to pick his trailer up while I was still there, various things could happen, if they start kicking off that I’ve parked in front of their trailer I’d tell em bollox and they would wait until I was ready to move. If they come up and politely tell me that they’re there to hook their trailer up and I can move, I will, if I can’t move for tacho reasons, I’ll politely explain and tell them how long before I can move, they can accept that, or shout and holler, the outcome would be the same, I wouldn’t move.

newmercman:
It’s the attitude thing again, as with most things that ■■■■ people off :unamused:

Saw a Symphony wagon in one lay-by and the drag in another one round the corner.

I don’t see a problem.

I once parked close to a drag on the outskirts of Sheffield, driver returned and I explained that I need to finish 15 mins then I’ll move and he can get his drag and I’ll park back up and have my next 30 mins, not a huge problem, he even offered me a ■■■ whilst we waited for my tacho.

There’s no need for the [zb] you jack attitude and the beer belly sized egos.