Drakelow Power Station

Can anyone tell me who is the main contractor pulling the coal into Drakelow, and if possible which terminal it’s coming from?

i live a few miles away from drakelow,and i think the whole lot has gone,all the cooling towers were blown up last year sometime.hope this helps.

It seems like the tippers are obselete now as the new station is gas fired.

Drakelow

E ON UK

Ta for the info gents, being blown up and gone would be the problem then! Since we can get loads of rubber granules into there I presumed it was still the same old Drakelow.
Back to the drawing board!

Ive done coal into rugely powerstation from hull docks. the rate by the time the sharks had taken their share was about £6.80 a tonne.

We were doing rugeley dozer, but it’s closed for 2 months for a major refurbishment, so we’ve got to find summat else for 2 months.

dozer:
Ive done coal into rugely powerstation from hull docks. the rate by the time the sharks had taken their share was about £6.80 a tonne.

Obviously it depends on what loads you can find back up to hull but for a 29t payload that works out at the right side of £1.60/mile which isn’t too terrible really.

Paul

the likes of clwyd transport in wrexham and bulk freight in derby will give you a couple of months work if your stuck.

Repton - no! after that load it was sand from roger bullivants at drakelow down to cambridge for about £6.30 ish a tonne.

Where are you trying to get to and from, If you don’t maind me asking?

We were on scrap to Cardiff then the coal from Portbury to Rugeley Renaultman, but the power stations shut for 2 months, and S.Wales is might quiet right now. and all the lads running scrap down were hauling the coal back, but theyre all after anything they can get right now. It gave me the idea that maybe Drakelow was still burning coal, but it aint anymore.

By the way, the contacts you pm’ed me before worked out ta! :sunglasses: :smiley: But even theyre struggling for back to W.Mids just now.

Any ideas about loads out of the oxford swindon areas? I only know Dales, and theyre are all UKASTA now, and we specialize in the rougher stuff!

Borderer:
We were on scrap to Cardiff then the coal from Portbury to Rugeley Renaultman, but the power stations shut for 2 months, and S.Wales is might quiet right now. and all the lads running scrap down were hauling the coal back, but theyre all after anything they can get right now. It gave me the idea that maybe Drakelow was still burning coal, but it aint anymore.

By the way, the contacts you pm’ed me before worked out ta! :sunglasses: :smiley: But even theyre struggling for back to W.Mids just now.

Any ideas about loads out of the oxford swindon areas? I only know Dales, and theyre are all UKASTA now, and we specialize in the rougher stuff!

I’ll have a think, and ring around. If I hear of owt I’ll let you know

renaultman:

Borderer:

I’ll have a think, and ring around. If I hear of owt I’ll let you know

Ta for that! :smiley: