Dragon and Wag

Just as a matter of interest shortly after passing c & e in a arctic how “doable” would it be to be asked to drive a dragon and Wag ■■ :question:

runner bean:
Just as a matter of interest shortly after passing c & e in a arctic how “doable” would it be to be asked to drive a dragon and Wag ■■ :question:

Depends if you mean a wagon and drag or a centre axle caravan

An artic has no resemblance to an A frame in any way, shape or form

Yep I was meaning your average/norm wagon n drag

i was always under the impression a wagon and drag has an a-frame, and a drawbar has ‘fixed’ axles. I hear a drawbar is the ‘easy artic’ but an a-frame could be a whole other kettle of fish

All 3 react differently. Going forward and in reverse.

But so long as you are aware of the differences and are able to use your general driving abilities to compensate for the differences, you wouldn’t have too much trouble.

Hitching up is a bit different. You have to be extremely accurate with a WnD drawbar whereas a 5th wheel has a little leeway as it pulls into the jaws.

WnD drawbars near enough follow the path of the prime mover so do not need much compensation when turning forwards. Reversing a WnD trailer needs very little steering movements to turn or correct oversteer. They go out of shape very quickly.

HTH

Da fuq is a dragon and wag?

stagedriver:

Hopefully a wagon +drag :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

as mentioned above small movements required when going backwards and forwards it`s a turn and follow situation. :smiley:

personally i prefer our drawbars but it does require a bit of thinking about when changing from 1 to the other if your not used to either :smiley: :smiley:

stagedriver:

Dragon and wag SILLY is welsh for Wagon and Drag i thought everybody knew that :unamused: :unamused: :astonished: :astonished: :slight_smile: