DR30, is it worth applying for my class 2?

Wannabe hgv class 2 driver here, just wanted to ask you hgv drivers is it worth applying for my hgv class 2 license?
As i have a DR30 still on my license from 2007(nearly 8 years).
Will it effect my job search ? Or should i wait for it to come off my license after 11 years?
Thanks
All help much appreciated.

Drink related offenses seem to be the ones they hate the most. From all the agency posts etc seem to state that they will not accept anyone with those on their records. Your best bet is call and ask them if they would take you on with these, if they say no then you don’t lose anything. Getting an HGV license is expensive, there is no point paying £2K+ for one only to be told you’re not employable.

Thanks mate.
Ive rang a few agencys & they all pretty much wont take DR30’s but i was still thinking of doing my class 2 while i have my redundancy money, also i could hope for maybe a small private company may take me on.

Get the licence(s) as they will always be useful in the future

Please read through all the stickies near the top of this forum before proceeding

Thanks rog.
Which threads were you on about as ive looked but cant find any with info about DR30’s.
Cheers

Lofty76:
Thanks rog.
Which threads were you on about as ive looked but cant find any with info about DR30’s.
Cheers

I meant generally not specific to DRs - I do not think there are any on that

Do it, I’ve got a DR10, from 2010, on my licence, and I am regularly turning decent paying jobs down, although I do have a class 1 licence, can’t guarantee the same for class 2 work.

DR30

Driving or attempting to drive then failing to supply a specimen for analysis

You might find the Failing to supply part will be for ever being your problem…

Thanks for the feedback guys.
My DR30 was back in 07/03/07 & ive had a clean license since then.
Will still go for it while i have the money in the meantime will stay as a baker.

Just a heads up and to save you a waste of time,don’t apply for Any DHL as they have a very strict policy on this,and won’t consider anyone until it’s off the licence completely.