DR10

What was the outcome of the insurance query ?

I have a dr10 on my licence from back in 97, i didnt think id be over the limit when i got stopped for a routine stop but was just over. However the company that i work for said it wasnt a problem as i had had my licence back for a number of years. It only cost them an extra £500 to insure me. Dont write this guy off as everyone makes mistakes as did i & we end up paying the price by losing our licence for a year or more. I lost mine for a year & had £100 fine no points. Everybody deserves a second chance.

north surrey haulage:
I’m glad you feel you are doing well enough to expand the fleet

But dont try and get ahead of yourself I know sombody who started at the same time as me and he folded the firm last week.:cry:

I still only run the 1 motor he had expanded to 4

I’m sure you know what you are doing just a cautionary note thats all :wink:

Almost two years since this thread started and these words turned out to be quite wise ones.

Hey y’all…!

I had a guy ring me yesterday applying for a job.
He said he got a DR10 in 2000.
How long do they stay on the licence?
Also he’s got an SP30, and as I insure my trucks on a one-driver basis, would the premium be loaded?

Ian.

dr 10 = drink driving - they stay "on " the licence for 11 years

& yes it will be loaded most insurance co’s ignore the first 3 points (if for speeding) now before loading up but they will definately load for a dr

11 years?
Me thinks he’s a non-starter then!
Thanks for that.

ian.

DR’s and DD’s = normally insurance premium, then x 10 ! :laughing:

For all other offences they’re not fussed.

as some of you know, i have a dr10 on my licence, its been there since 03/97, after my driving ban expired & i was back on the road, the ONLY thing stipulated by the insurance company was a doubling of the excess on my truck only, the premium stayed the same, so before you write this bloke off, ( & he might be a bloody good trucker!) may i suggest that you ask your insurance company their opinion of the situation!

regards
paul

It just goes to show how slack they are over here with such things :open_mouth:

I know guys who have been banned from driving for being drunk … FOR 3 MONTHS :question: they can also drive if they need to get to work and back and are linited to that route only :open_mouth:

My company requires that drivers have no more than 1 drink driving comviction :open_mouth:

flatbedman:
as some of you know, i have a dr10 on my licence, its been there since 03/97, after my driving ban expired & i was back on the road, the ONLY thing stipulated by the insurance company was a doubling of the excess on my truck only, the premium stayed the same, so before you write this bloke off, ( & he might be a bloody good trucker!) may i suggest that you ask your insurance company their opinion of the situation!

regards
paul

Sorry I was just answering a question earlier but I agree with Paul ring your broker first then you will know exactly what it will cost you.

I think you will find that although the DR10 shows on the licence for 11 years, most insurance companies disregard them after 5 years.

DR10 is the lowest DD, maybe one pint over the limit.

I think the problem comes with DR20 and DR30

you could be right Malc I wouldn’t know really as I’m teetotal :laughing:

So am I after Friday night… :cry: :confused: :frowning:

…although that decision may be up for review in a weeks time… :wink:

Yep, you are right guys.
I’ll ask my broker how it’ll affect my insurance, and if he doesn’t fall about in fits of laughter, I’ll take it further.
The driver in question is mature, which I like - plenty of experience - which is good as well.
He’s been working for some big firms recently, but maybe their insurance is set up differently to mine. I’ll ask the question anyway.

On another note - the response to my little ad for a driver has been amazing!
Who says there is a driver shortage?
I put an ad on here, and also placed one with the job centre, who put a copy of it on the net.
Phone hasn’t stopped ringing since Saturday morning, and I,ve had about 8 further enquiries from folks on here as well!
I’ve decided to put another motor on the road, so I’m after 2 drivers - problem is, I’m spoilt for choice!
Now if a 25 year old leggy blonde was to apply…
.(wheres Lucy’s phone number again…■■)
Seriously though, just starting out on my own, I’ve got to make the right decision, and it 'aint easy.

Ian.

I’m glad you feel you are doing well enough to expand the fleet

But dont try and get ahead of yourself I know sombody who started at the same time as me and he folded the firm last week.:cry:

I still only run the 1 motor he had expanded to 4

I’m sure you know what you are doing just a cautionary note thats all :wink: