DQC, entitlements

Quick question, my DQC arrived today, having passed C and CPC mod 4 end of Feb. It states on my DQC, on the front the Category (#9) is CE, and on the back the detail is:

1. Category 10. Community Code & expiry Date
    C1 95. 27.02.2019
    C 95. 27.02.2019
    C1E 95. 27.02.2019
    CE 95. 27.02.2019

I haven’t sent my actual license off yet to be updated as I need it to do Class D training, but, it kinda looks like the DSA/DVSA/DVLA (who is it ?) have cocked up and given me C+E ■■?

Or, does everyone’s DQC say this after they pass C ?

Ta,
Chris.

It’s correct. It shows CE as, if you ever pass your CE, the same DQC covers you.

You will probably need Mods 2 and 4 again for your PCV (there is the slightest possibility you may have acquired rights having passed D1 previously - which is why I said “probably”). When you’ve passed these and your CAT D driving test you will then get a new card showing CE and DE.

It is, of course, the licence that shows your licence entitlements and the DQC that backs it up with cpc entitlements.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Aaagh. Dammit, thought I was getting a freebie there :laughing: I guess that makes sense one one hand, but on the other it’s a bit odd to give a DQC confirming ‘competency’ in a category I don’t (yet) have a license for. :confused:

Already done Mod 2 for D, so just need the practical training and mod 4, which I guess is pretty similar (if not identical!) to mod 4 for C ?

Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Chris.

The DQC is for LGV, PCV or both so it simply shows all the possibilities

If you only have LGV then it will show all the LGV categories

If you had already passed PCV D1 or any PCV category then it would show all the PCV possibilities

When you pass all the required modules for PCV then the DQC expiry date will stay the same but get all the PCV categories added to it

There are differences. On the driving, you will need to be able to stop at bus stops and leave them again safely (heaven knows what happens to bus drivers after the test!). The rest of the test is virtually the same as CAT C.

The mod 4 naturally deals with the loading/unloading of passengers including disabled access. Also attention to cleanliness/condition/security of seats. The last question is the same for C and D.

As always, good training is the key. Pay attention to your instructor and you should have no worries.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Put another way …

The driving licence shows what you are entitled to drive

The DQC shows what you are allowed to drive commercially providing you have the entitlement on the driving licence

“Drug” search is more complicated due to loads of lockers in and out of the coach. Aswell as interior safety in case if examinor have plenty of time to make sure you’ll manage to check 55 seats and seatbelts for comfort and safety! :smiley: And check for passing vehicles before open emergency exit!

While driving watch your overhanging n/s mirror! And different speed limints than on Lgv/Hgv’s.
Good luck!

P.s Haven’t done my Lgv Mod 4 yet but after passing PCV Mod 4 already had it for D and DE aswell. So the same as you.