DPD Hinckley Hub

Does anyone know what the induction day is all about? Have been told it takes all day. Also does anyone know what there like to work for?

it will be an induction - normally takes all day.

take a pen and a spare as on pretty much everyone I have done you spend most of it signing to say you have been shown …

Sounds like they have a few written tests to do aswell as driving assesment. Fingers crossed. :smiley:

Mate of mine worked for DPD for a while, your lucky, his induction was nearly a week, just to be taught the usual b/s.

I wouldn’t bother mate sh*t firm to work for belive me I used to work for them if you havn’t got a bed sheet on ya head or speak polish then you feel the odd one out !!! don’t do it much better firms out there

well i think it all depends on what you want from a job ,the corse should last a week but might be difrent for the hinkley side of things ,

hinckly will be opening soon ,myself i work for the firm and its the best job i have ever had but it all depends on what you are doing and your shift ,if they give you the hours the money is very good as well but only basic hours is not so good!
this firm is :wink: good if you want a company to stay with ! well thats my opinion anyway

madmark you one of them drivers that our on a 15 hour shift and spend most of that time in ya bunk at the hub and not tipping it when you get bck to your depot !!! personally ive never worked in such a sht hole where drivers don’t even speak to each other and all the dpd and interlink lorrys on the road and never flash each other oh and the office staff one word waners !!! some drivers up there don’t know wot work is " shocking"

jay i am not a 15 hour man and dont want to be lol
but for me my depot is just across the road so i cant go wrong no traveling :wink: yes i agree with you about the drivers i have never met so many drivers that dont want to speak but i am a freindly person and i am not used to this so i ■■■■ them off by saying hello anyway :laughing: ,yes no flashing in well rare anyway but i doo ■■■■ um i am not going to be the same as them ,but on the hole for me i find it a good place but if you are hub based then it probly isnt so good ,
i do about 12 hours shift and the money is the most i have ever ernt in my hole 30 plus years or driving trucks so for me its a win win :wink:

gsijay:
madmark you one of them drivers that our on a 15 hour shift and spend most of that time in ya bunk at the hub and not tipping it when you get bck to your depot !!! personally ive never worked in such a sht hole where drivers don’t even speak to each other and all the dpd and interlink lorrys on the road and never flash each other oh and the office staff one word waners !!! some drivers up there don’t know wot work is " shocking"

Things have certainly changed then since I was there 10 years ago. Drivers always used to talk to each other. There were half a dozen of us who used to even arrange take aways on a Friday night. Most nights downstairs in the restaurant we’d have a few tables pushed together with 10 or more of us all having a laugh whilst we waited for our trailers.

Looking at the crap you’ve posted maybe they don’t talk to you because they can’t understand you or your attitude stinks.

conor this still happens mate ,i cant falt the place to be fair and allot of my freinds have also joined as well and we all love the job :wink: some people like some jobs some dont me i am very happy and wished i had of gone there 10 years ago :wink:

Bit of a resurrection… But I may be offered a job at Hinckley.

Hope it better than limping.

Pay seems so so but having to rely on a bit of overtime.
20 minute walk to work.
Oldest truck 56 plate

29 days holiday. But holiday pay at basic week, not average just now.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk