DPD driving assessment

Hi

Has anyone done a DPD driving assessment at Hinckley, and if so, any heads up on the route they take you or anything I should know beforehand?

Thanks

Not at Hinkley but did do at Smethwick when it was Geopost. The assessment was quite a long one, about 20 minutes or so not just a run around the block. If you’re competent the route they take won’t matter to you. They tell you where to go anyway so they’re not going to send you under a bridge you can’t fit. Don’t forget to take a hi-viz. I was asked if I was familiar with the lorry and offered to be shown how to drive it in the hub before going out on the assessment if I didn’t. I suggest you take that offer even if you’ve driven Mercs before just to get the nerves out of the way. As usual make sure you’ve put your card in, drive like you’re doing your test.

DPD put all their drivers through a one week defensive and economical driver training course anyway and they put you up in a hotel nearby. If they’re still doing it all at Smethwick and using the same hotel it isn’t a bad one either.

Cheers Conor thanks. Ive done and passsed the Royal Mail assessment in the past and that was a good 45 mins all round Featherstone & Pontefract then back to Normanton.

20 mins or so hardly time to get out the depot and into top gear before your back :wink: :wink:

20 mins is not long especially when doing an assessment. It will pass really quickly as you will be concentrating 100% of course. Have never been assessed by them but have carried out many assessments myself over the years. No normal assesor will expect you drive like on a test. You have passed your test already. All they want to see is a safe drive, driving to the conditions and adhering to speed limits etc. As long as you show you are competent with the vehicle and have enough confidence (not over) you will be fine. The only problem I foresee is an assessor who has not had any proper training as then you will have to drive like he thinks (which may or not be correct) and not as per the training manual. However you can’t change that. Good luck.

From Hinckley. It will probably be around the back roads off A5
Watch your speed.
And any advice/ warning the assessor gives you.
And weeks induction will probably be at Hinckley.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

andy187:
Watch your speed.

…but surely not put up in Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa…? :slight_smile:

exit:

andy187:
Watch your speed.

…but surely not put up in Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa…? :slight_smile:

Premier Inn lol