DPD 7.5t Franchise

Hi all
any one know anything about these franchises
I believe they are very cheap
checked the web-site (not much info)
got the info by mail (same as web)

any relevent practical info greatly received

many thanks
:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Don’t know anything about DPD, but run one of these myself for CityLink. If you are planning to do the work yourself, then just go through the figures carefully, and you should be able to work out whether it’s a goer.

Depending on the estimated mileage on your route, you would probably be looking at a day rate of between £200 - £220 per day (any lower than that and tell 'em to stick it.).

If you go the contract hire route on your motor, then remember to budget £1000-£1500 annual repair costs into your figures, as whenever it goes in for inspection, MERC/DAF/whoever will find something innocuous wrong with it, usually for a part that costs £10.00 but requires 6 hours of labour at £20p/h.

If you intend to hire someone to do it, you must:

1. get a reliable driver
  2. get a reliable driver
  3. get a reliable driver
  4. get a reliable driver

becaues, if you don’t, you will like me, find yourself getting text messages from some ■■■, telling you he has an upset tummy/runny nose/general aversion toward getting his arse out of bed, about twenty minutes before his due in to start his shift. :imp: :imp:

You will of course then have very little time to arrange cover, unless you are able to go in and do the route yourself, which will mean that not only will you not get paid for the day, you will also get charged by DPD for them to have someone in to cover your timed deliveries, and for a 7.5 tonner to do your collections, which will â– â– â– â–  away any profit you might have earmarked for that week. :imp:

If you sense any bitterness in this post, you’re right, I’ve had enough of people that moan about not being able to get a job, and then acting like I or anybody else owe them a ■■■■■■■ living when they do get one. :imp: :unamused: :imp:

Rant Over. (ps, I’ve never had this sort of aggro from my class 1 drivers, you know, the ones that don’t see their families or friends all week and get to experience the joy’s of sleeping in layby’s & MSA’s, say’s alot about some people imho)

thanks Mike
what area are you in and does that make a real difference to the rates they pay â– â– 

from looking on their website, they are not wanting any Franchisees at the moment

I’m in Surrey mate, from what I know, the rates are usually based on an estimated mileage for the given route, ie more miles, more money (though not that much).

Sounds great on the face of it, but more miles also means more wear on your tyres, shorter intervals between inspections (possibly) and a generally more difficult route.

In my case, the route I cover only does about 80 miles per day, which in turn means I’m paying under £100 p/w on fuel, and am able to do 12 weekly inspections. When they also threw in letting me use their yard as an operating centre for 2 other motors, at no cost to me, it made sense to go with it.

Please excuse my spelling and grammar in my previous post, I was having something of an off day. :wink:

thanks Mike