Downtons

Downtons are taking over Indesit transport 1st Feb. Drivers are being TUPE’d over. :frowning:

Rumour has it that as part of their T’s & C’s they are instructed to carry on with their long held tradition of never ever aknowledging when they overtake and are flashed in. :imp:

tivvy:
Downtons are taking over Indesit transport 1st Feb. Drivers are being TUPE’d over. :frowning:

hi mate take it you work for indesit?
not heard this yet myself i work for downton at leeds .
downtons are ok if you get your head down and work,not sure what pay your on now but pay is average and the job is not the best but certainly not the worst.

No but I know someone who does.

the maoster:
Rumour has it that as part of their T’s & C’s they are instructed to carry on with their long held tradition of never ever aknowledging when they overtake and are flashed in. :imp:

And they will also have to learn how to side tip a curtainsider.

weeto:

the maoster:

I don’t understand the reply?? They are all curtainsiders,rollerbeds,double deckers tipped from the side etc.
Also if you look at their units they have a sack barrow on the side.Yes even in this day and age 240 washing machines have to be tipped by the driver using a barrow at some depots.
I know I’ve been in there on agency.

tivvy:

weeto:

the maoster:

I don’t understand the reply?? They are all curtainsiders,rollerbeds,double deckers tipped from the side etc.

it is a tongue in cheek reply, just have a look in YouTube for a downtons driver displaying a unique way of unloading their trailer.

I think the drivers are more worried about the TUPE especially with the Tesco/Stobart thing.
Also the Indesit drivers are on £1000’s more for less hrs than Downtons so I don’t expect many will be there long.

Thought they were already doing it…

Silver_Surfer:
Thought they were already doing it…

“Jigsaw” has been running alongside Indesit for a few years. They are now taking over all the bulk transport inc the transport office. The 7.5 tonne home delivery operation is staying in house as is the warehousing at Raunds/Sharpness.

Just an update. After being told nothing will change etc. Yeah right :unamused:
!6 drivers and only 8 Downtons units■■?
They have been told that there will be no nights out for day drivers meaning they will be restricted to 8 hrs. This will mean a massive loss of earnings. Currently there are only a couple of night drivers with around up to 6 agency used as required.
I don’t know the details but it looks like some day drivers might have to swap to nights?? Which they will not do so it looks like there will be an exodus??
TUPE is not worth the paper it is printed on.
The conspiracy theorists will say this was probably planned :unamused:
Needless to say the drivers are not happy so they have now been alienated. Nice one downtons.

When I was driving for Downtons, we did a lot of Indesit work out of Sharpness. It makes sense as Downtons have a base there with the beer distributor (can’t think of its name)

the maoster:

Thought that was most of the class 1 drivers :smiley: “I am being flashed in by a lowly rigid driver, how dare he”

dar1976:
When I was driving for Downtons, we did a lot of Indesit work out of Sharpness. It makes sense as Downtons have a base there with the beer distributor (can’t think of its name)

Indesit does not operate distribution from Sharpness using their own transport.Sharpness will not be affected.
All distribution is done from Raunds in Northants.

tivvy:
They have been told that there will be no nights out for day drivers meaning they will be restricted to 8 hrs. This will mean a massive loss of earnings. Currently there are only a couple of night drivers with around up to 6 agency used as required.
I don’t know the details but it looks like some day drivers might have to swap to nights?? Which they will not do so it looks like there will be an exodus??
Needless to say the drivers are not happy so they have now been alienated. Nice one downtons.

When will some people learn !!! , by the sound of things some people have been taking the company to the cleaners , this sort of thing is becoming more and more common , transport/ logistics companies dont have printing machines for money to feed your wicked ways .

shugg:

tivvy:

When will some people learn !!! , by the sound of things some people have been taking the company to the cleaners , this sort of thing is becoming more and more common , transport/ logistics companies dont have printing machines for money to feed your wicked ways .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, which part of “YOU HAVE TOOK THE P1$$ FOR FAR TOO LONG, DUE TO WEAK MANAGENMENT” don`t you understand FFS ■■?

The games up, the gravy train has just hit the buffers, its KYBOSHED !!!

Don’t shoot the messenger. I don’t work for them!!
The sad thing is I’m now retired and a lot of you probably don’t know or don’t remember when things were getting better. Trucks got better,no roping/sheeting and above all terms and conditions were won over years of negotiations on both sides.The companies didn’t just hand the money out!!
Good companies ran social clubs,christmas parties for the families etc.
In my day you had to start on general haulage with companies that were always on the edge and allowing dodgy log books. There were no agencies then.
After a while you worked your way up to better conditions and if you were lucky enough you got into a national name company.
The trend in recent years is profit before anything else. 24/7 working with no extra money for weekends etc.
This is what has been lost and to shrug your shoulders in jealousy and say they deserve it just because others are getting less is not the way to improve the lot of the driver. We all started out on low wages.
Sure in a lot of companies a lot of drivers work the system but that is not the fault of the driver.
The main problem is cutthroat competition and drivers from europe willing to accept any work at any price to keep a job.
No manufacturer running it’s own fleet can compete with return loads etc. and make it pay hence the outsourcing.
To put down your fellow drivers is despicable.

Now if this had been Stobarts instead of downtons, there would have been hundreds of replies slagging Stobarts off.

happysack:
Now if this had been Stobarts instead of downtons, there soups have been hundreds of replies slagging Stobarts off.

100% agree^^^ :wink:

tivvy:
Don’t shoot the messenger. I don’t work for them!!
The sad thing is I’m now retired and a lot of you probably don’t know or don’t remember when things were getting better. Trucks got better,no roping/sheeting and above all terms and conditions were won over years of negotiations on both sides.The companies didn’t just hand the money out!!
Good companies ran social clubs,christmas parties for the families etc.
In my day you had to start on general haulage with companies that were always on the edge and allowing dodgy log books. There were no agencies then.
After a while you worked your way up to better conditions and if you were lucky enough you got into a national name company.
The trend in recent years is profit before anything else. 24/7 working with no extra money for weekends etc.
This is what has been lost and to shrug your shoulders in jealousy and say they deserve it just because others are getting less is not the way to improve the lot of the driver. We all started out on low wages.
Sure in a lot of companies a lot of drivers work the system but that is not the fault of the driver.
The main problem is cutthroat competition and drivers from europe willing to accept any work at any price to keep a job.
No manufacturer running it’s own fleet can compete with return loads etc. and make it pay hence the outsourcing.
To put down your fellow drivers is despicable.

Its dead easy actually, despicable work shy idiots shaft their co-workers on a daily basis, AND, where do you get “no extra” for weekends ?, I only work weekends because its far better pay, if someone accepts “straight through” pay, that`s their choice. I have through this job, met some cracking lads/lasses who get on with the job, do it properly, do it without trying to string it out and sink the whole job, unfortunately, I meet some real low life cheats on a daily basis, who out number the good guys by about 10 to 1…