Downtons transport

Awful company.Always looking for drivers at Preston Brook

halewood:
Awful company.Always looking for drivers at Preston Brook

I agree I grew to hate every single minute of it.
But eagerbeever seems happy enough so far.
Every man is different

yorkshire terrier:

eagerbeaver:
Are you still there Goin Quoin?

If he is I don’t think it will be for too long by the look of his posts :smiley:
Are you still there?? You seemed to be enjoying it.

No im not the idiotic planners pushed too far so i walked.

eagerbeaver:
Yep. Having no problems at all mate.

I suspect our glam rock loving friend may be the architect of his own problems.

No he wasnt obviously you must be one of the boys the planners like.

GOIN QUOIN:

eagerbeaver:
Yep. Having no problems at all mate.

I suspect our glam rock loving friend may be the architect of his own problems.

No he wasnt obviously you must be one of the boys the planners like.

Yep. The planners love me there mate :grimacing:

ive heard on the grape vine that downtons transport are always taking on drivers is this a good thing ,are they expanding or are they just awful to work for and go through alot of drivers , looking to hear from downton drivers cheers , i know the pay structure is very good , but thats not everything cheers

scotch willy:
, i know the pay structure is very good ,

it might be if you work for this firm…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72205

but i dont think downtons pay structure is good at all, and their reputation isnt as great as you think.

They opened a depot near me so I asked one of their drivers what the score was, he said £8ph right through in the week, £19 night out and £5 a day dinner money, extras for weekend but I can’t remember what it was

Spot on on pay rate, Sunday £10.50, some early starts due to magazine contract, which depot you asking about? Drivers come and go sometimes is there choice sometimes the bosses. There is also a lot of drivers that done few years so is not all bad.

i work at leeds depot only 20 of us there and pay is 8 quid straight through 19 quid overnight and a fiver a day dinner money,weekends both satday and sunday are 10 and a half quid,
the firm is expanding rapidly and the new runcorn depot is wanting drivers,
im out all week, some times with a saturday morning aswell.
some of the work is ■■■■■ and some is great but as with all rapidly growing firms it depends on witch depot you work from we aint too bad really at leeds but they dont suffer fools lightly and expect a decent days work out of you,

Do they pay parking :question:

scotch willy how are u still mr downtons chauffer to the pub and back

another firm with the sama problems as other uk firms, they’re trying to make a profit but unable to because of high taxation and low rates.
it doesn’t matter who you work for mon general haulage in the uk the pay rates are ■■■■■■ and yes there is a high turnover of drivers because british transport is ■■■■■■ because no-one will stand uyp to the ■■■■■■■ in brussells

I worked from Dunstable depot a while ago was a decent job realy could earn decent money to, they seemed to always have the work on weekends and bank holidays if you wanted some extra cash,I probly only averaged 2-3 nights out a week though due to needing the motor for the night men on the pets at home contract. Although you can be out all week. As for parking I was always in laybys, or a depot with the high value loads. I only left due to leaving the area but to be fair I’ve worked for better and worse companys all for aroud the same money.

and if your a night man your on £11ph