Downtons Gloucester 4 on4off question

For future reference when another job comes up. Does anyone here know how the pay works for 4 on 4 off at downtons in gloucester.? Is it basic pay for a certain amount of hours and overtime for anything worked over the set hours? Any info would be great. Thanx

When I was there the lads that did the rolling week 5 on 2 off then 5 on 3 off were paid a day rate but anything more than 12 hours they were working for less than an hourly paid Monday to Friday lad…
Were always pushed to do an extra shift when itwas there 3 off week too,
Can’t see the 4 on 4 off shift been any different to be honest and iv said before on here I wouldn’t go back to that firm if it paid £2000 a week…
Might be different after the takeover but that’s my experience with them

How long ago was this pal?

Do they still do 4 on 4 off

philw:

I think they still do mate.

But their best shift by far is none on and every day off.

philw:

when it’s availabe, yeah.

In Magor the 4on -4off drivers are salaried, same money every week. Overtime shifts are paid by the hour if I remember correctly.

Stonehouse69:
How long ago was this pal?

I left 6 years ago but know a couple of lads on left last year and one a couple of years ago and they said it’s still same,
Each to there own but it was by far the worst experience Iv had in 19 years of been in transport,

Still salaried @£450 ish a week based on 12 hour days but the planners are told to push you to 3x15s and a 13, I used to do it but then I realised I was doing 50-54 hours every week so I left, so NO overtime payments unless you do the extra day then it’s hourly paid, I did it once but they only gave me 8 hours I told them never again, they must make so much money from free labour from the 4 on 4 offf guys.

So to sum up, on you rostered shift ( if you work out the hourly rate on 48hrs) )the more you do the less you get.

Be cynical of hire & reward outfits with 4 on 4 off.

There always seems to be an unwritten rule that 4 on 4 off drivers simply must be hammered for 13-15 hour shifts (because you can’t have drivers working a sensible number of hours a week,right?). Also, pressure to work overtime because they don’t want to call the agency to cover a holiday whilst your sat at home.