downton haulage

new yard opens 12 march preston brook. runcorn.!!! days / nights/ tramp. see web site :wink:

i cant see where it says that on the website.

Are they anything to do with Downton Abbey? :laughing:

yes. the succesful applicant will receive a supermegaglobetrotter donkey with it’s own dedicated cart and bag of feed. pay will be sporadic and issued in groats and coloured beads. :wink: :laughing:

Anyone work for them or know anything about them?

I’ve sent a cv off to the careers website, it’s around 35 miles each way for me, but I’m jobless and it’s still 8 miles less than where I was working.

There is a member on here (can’t remember who he is ) posting a while back, he was on there and they were the best thing since sliced bread, after a while he was posting they were crap and he was going back to agency, and that he would be much better off :unamused: Not much help I know, but it sort of sounds as if it’s not the best going.

i work out of the leeds depot and find them ok. work can be crap at times but just go with the flow,
im out all week, saturdays are busy as we do news suppliments so are expected to do a tip quite often on saturday morning…
pay is 8 quid an hour right through a fiver aday meal allowance and 19 pound a night out,
at end of day suppose its just like anywhere good days. â– â– â– â–  days and 60+ hours a week are the norm,
the new depot is smart though but can only comment on how we are run at leeds as every depot is run differently,

yorkshire terrier:
i work out of the leeds depot and find them ok. work can be crap at times but just go with the flow,
im out all week, saturdays are busy as we do news suppliments so are expected to do a tip quite often on saturday morning…
pay is 8 quid an hour right through a fiver aday meal allowance and 19 pound a night out,
at end of day suppose its just like anywhere good days. [zb] days and 60+ hours a week are the norm,
the new depot is smart though but can only comment on how we are run at leeds as every depot is run differently,

Well that sounds OK to me.

One happy driver on the M1

It say on the website the new Runcorn depot is open now

Their new colour scheme on the trucks that I’ve seen (Renault Premiums) looks like a reversal of the old one: White/burgundy/white, and looks a lot more striking than the one above.

Ken.

waynedl:
Anyone work for them or know anything about them?

I’ve sent a cv off to the careers website, it’s around 35 miles each way for me, but I’m jobless and it’s still 8 miles less than where I was working.

used to go in there yard at glous most night ,few years ago,trucks always looked smart,clean,drivers always seemed happy,freindly

MOVING ALL THE FLEET OUT OF NORTH /WALES. SO WE ALL GOT TO GO!! :neutral_face: I ONLY DO NIGHTS HAD ME FILL OF DOING DAYS/NITE OUT NO FUN IN IT ANYMORE. SO I THINK THERE BE A FEW LADS NOT GOING SOME OF THEM LIVE TOWARDS BANGOR/H/HEAD. JOBS OK BEEN HER OVER TWO YEARS. SOME LIKE SOME DONT. :wink:

altitude:
There is a member on here (can’t remember who he is ) posting a while back, he was on there and they were the best thing since sliced bread, after a while he was posting they were crap and he was going back to agency, and that he would be much better off :unamused: Not much help I know, but it sort of sounds as if it’s not the best going.

Dustylfc worked for them

BIGRIG:

altitude:

Dustylfc worked for them

No that’s not him mate the one I’m thinking of used a plain name, John Smith something like that.

altitude:

BIGRIG:

altitude:

Dustylfc worked for them

No that’s not him mate the one I’m thinking of used a plain name, John Smith something like that.

i thinks its graham schroeder.

jessicas dad:

altitude:

BIGRIG:

altitude:

Dustylfc worked for them

i thinks its graham schroeder.

Yeah you got him JD, that’s the name I was thinking of.

nowt wrong with the work truck money just the attitude of office staff reason for leaving