Downton haulage any good to work for runcorn

Downton haulage any good to work for Runcorn, have heard good reports bout them a few bad heard good reports on malcoms logistics haydock too. just want to know which is best to work for and what conditions are like and wages hrs ect thanx all help much appreciated

I think you need to make your own decisions on these things if the money and the hours suit you then you find everything else out once you start .I have been guilty of asking the same thing on here but what suits me might not suit you so our opinions on a company might be poles apart all you can do is ask all the relevant questions at the interview and make your own decision based on the information you have gained from the interviewer and as always reading between the lines good luck with your search sorry if that’s not very helpful but i think its a fact

bjd:
I think you need to make your own decisions on these things if the money and the hours suit you then you find everything else out once you start .I have been guilty of asking the same thing on here but what suits me might not suit you so our opinions on a company might be poles apart all you can do is ask all the relevant questions at the interview and make your own decision based on the information you have gained from the interviewer and as always reading between the lines good luck with your search sorry if that’s not very helpful but i think its a fact

thanx ,mate know what your saying just hoping theres a few drove for these

I’m currently working with them through an Agency the work is okay and they like to get as much out of you each day. They are on about £9 an hour plus they get meal allowance

I’m currently working with them through an Agency the work is okay and they like to get as much out of you each day. They are on about £9 an hour plus they get meal allowance

I did some agency work for them at Carrington.

Wages (at the time - I believe they’ve gone up) were £8.50 / hr for all hours Mon - Fri - DOCKED 1hr for lunch :open_mouth:

Job was decent enough, bosses were decent, Runcorn (Preston Brook) is well kitted out so no running bent or anything, fitter, diesel and ad-blue on site - even down to number-plates being made if required.

Most trailers were new, with the XL curtains (load bearing).

Thanx lads thinking of moving jobs next year