Downtime - TONIGHT

As many of you have may gathered we moved servers last week in a bit of a hurry, this was due to circumstances beyond our control and done to ensure we kept all the input from members over the years, As this was done quickly we didn’t have time to ensure that the new server was set up at it’s best for the forum . This has led to some very annoying niggles

We now have all the data secure from the last 10 years - Tonight we will taking the forum off line for a couple of hours, to upgrade the server and address at least some of the problems, to minimise disruption we will do this around Midnight and is expected to last for 1-2 hours, however it may take a longer if unexpected problems arise-

Thanks for letting us know and good luck.

good luck mate!

B…

hope your putting an overtime chit in rik :wink:

I didn’t realise how much time I spend reading this site un till it went offline the other day

Rikki, much appreciated, thank you.

The forum is loading 100% faster now

Yip. Seems to be working just fine now. Pages loading quickly too!

Edit. The double post problem still seems to be coming and going!

An update on where we are:
A lot of work has been done to tweak the server to resolve some of the issues, however we expect some issues to remain during peak times on the forums.

To resolve this we have today ordered a brand new dedicated server to be installed and will host TruckNet UK on it, this will be housed in a UK data farm rather than the USA to avoid some of the latency problems.

this may take a few days to complete and during that time, some problems with slow page loading times may happen, especially during the forums peak traffic periods. we do apologise for this but please understand we are investing and taking active measures to resolve the issues

Rikki-UK:
To resolve this we have today ordered a brand new dedicated server to be installed and will host TruckNet UK on it, this will be housed in a UK data farm rather than the USA to avoid some of the latency problems.

That is good news :smiley:

To be fair the sites connection speed doesn’t seem to bad at the moment, not great, but not too bad either, hopefully a server in the UK will make it even better.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

I see we now have a favicon as well, nice one :wink:

tachograph:
I see we now have a favicon as well, nice one :wink:

I noticed this aswell! :laughing: :laughing:

B…

Many thanks for retrieving my login details Rikki, after my own PC crashed.
Cheers Dave.

Thanks a lot good luck !