downloading my digi card

Hi
Ive been working for an agency for a month now, doing various assignments some on digi some analogue
the rules say i have to download my card every 28days which i assumed the agency do this but when i asked i was told it was nothing to do with them, what do i do? do i need to buy a card reader and download myself? some of the companies ive worked for have downloaded it but as i havent worked consistentely at 1 place there cant be a full record
thanks in advice for your help

pcmpaul:
Hi
Ive been working for an agency for a month now, doing various assignments some on digi some analogue
the rules say i have to download my card every 28days which i assumed the agency do this but when i asked i was told it was nothing to do with them, what do i do? do i need to buy a card reader and download myself? some of the companies ive worked for have downloaded it but as i havent worked consistentely at 1 place there cant be a full record
thanks in advice for your help

You have to make your card available to the operators at each location, if they dont do anything with it, it is their problem. But the agency don’t have to download it either.

It is a condition of an operators licence that the holder keeps complete records for 12 months, or 24 months if they are using the tachograph to record the RTD. You have fulfilled your obligation by making the card available to the various operators.

You must give each company you work for the opportunity to download your card and as long as you do that you have met your obligations as far as downloading goes. You don’t need a reader and it is nothing to do with the agency, just as it is not legal to return charts to them it wouldn’t be for them to do the downloading.

so 1 of the companies have only checked i have a card never downloaded anything from it, have they downloaded it from the vu? and is that enough and if vosa stop me can they tell what has and hasent been downloaded?

pcmpaul:
so 1 of the companies have only checked i have a card never downloaded anything from it, have they downloaded it from the vu? and is that enough and if vosa stop me can they tell what has and hasent been downloaded?

The company is required to download both the VU’s in their vehicles and the cards of anyone who drives for them. As long as you made it available to download, and pretty much wandering into the office and handing the keys and paperwork back at the end of a shift means you did, then there is nothing for you to worry about with regards to VOSA. If VOSA do a visit to the company and they find the company haven’t been downloading the cards as they are supposed to then it is they who have the problem and not you.

like wise in the seven years i have had mine and the amount of times i have offered my card for download and have been told to leave it for now, i could write a book

I’ve had my Digital Tachograph card since 2008 and it has been downloaded 4 times in that time, and all of those were in the past few months at the same place!